Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

how would you feel?

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 11:27 PM
  • 45 Replies

We took our dog to the vet today. She has had blood in her pee so I thought a UTI. They took a sample, they couldn't find anything so they said she needs a xray or a ultrasound would be best. We don't have that type of money right now so we got some antibiotics and they said if it clears up, don't worry about bringing her back. But what bothered me was my 4 year was in the room and the vet is saying "Bi***" and going on using that term instead of dog or even the dogs name! He was a fill in vet and I know that is what a female dog is called but still! A 4 year old in the room, we don't use words like that and he is lucky dd was more paying attention to her dog then the vet. I think I might call the office on monday and say something about it.

And before anyone goes off about her not being fixed, yes we plan on having her fixed but right now we can't afford it. We are going to try the animal department. I was told they base it on your income.

Update: My vet office called today to check up on my dog and I told her what happened. She was shocked and upset. She told me she will tell the owners and they will talk to him. She said even if my 4 year wasn't in the room it was uncalled for.

by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 11:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sandra_t00
by ChaChi on Jun. 15, 2012 at 11:28 PM
why didn't you say anything?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SoKamele
by Silver Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 11:29 PM

You should have said something right then. I would have.

K-Chan
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 11:30 PM

He was in a rush and a bit rude to me so I just wanted to get out of there. If we had the money I would go back when the normal vet is there for a second opinion

Quoting sandra_t00:

why didn't you say anything?

louzannalady
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Yeah. I would have told him she isn't just any "bi***", her name is _____, you troglodyte!

K-Chan
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 11:42 PM

The vet tech was really nice and gave me a "i'm sorry" look. He loved my dog and dd. They even have my dog picture in the back. I was telling him why she loves the vet so much and he didn't know it was the same dog in the picture. My dog somehow got in the front yard and found a ham bone my dad put out for the stray cat, well she chomped down on it and got the bone stuck around her teeth. So she is known as "ham bone" at the vets. This was three years ago. 

the fill in vet just didn't care about anything but getting paid!

Quoting louzannalady:

Yeah. I would have told him she isn't just any "bi***", her name is _____, you troglodyte!

lynnd4
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 11:44 PM
1 mom liked this
I would have corrected the vet and explained to my kid that it can be used properly or not.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
louzannalady
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 11:48 PM

*HUG* I am so sorry!

Quoting K-Chan:

The vet tech was really nice and gave me a "i'm sorry" look. He loved my dog and dd. They even have my dog picture in the back. I was telling him why she loves the vet so much and he didn't know it was the same dog in the picture. My dog somehow got in the front yard and found a ham bone my dad put out for the stray cat, well she chomped down on it and got the bone stuck around her teeth. So she is known as "ham bone" at the vets. This was three years ago. 

Quoting louzannalady:

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on Jun. 15, 2012 at 11:51 PM
2 moms liked this
Oh brother, really? This is an issue? The man used the word in its PROPER context and you're complaining?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
teri4lance
by Platinum Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 11:51 PM
Uuuuh...the vet was using the proper terms. Your kid wont think anything of it if you dont make such a big deal out of nothing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
K-Chan
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 11:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm just glad my vet found it funny and took the pictures! I was freaking out too much to even think about it.

Quoting louzannalady:

*HUG* I am so sorry!

Quoting K-Chan:

Quoting louzannalady:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN