Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Anyone good at ID-ing dog breeds? (rescue puppies, pics inside) NEW PHOTOS

Posted by   + Show Post

We are rescue/fostering these three pups, have to find them homes. They're about 4wks old . I can "see" different breeds in them, or characteristics of different breeds, but not really certain. Sometimes I look and see boxer, sometimes hunting dog (cur?), sometimes border collie, sometimes terrier.. LOL I'm so indecisive!

Any input?

All of them - you can see back/side markings a little better here.

Loudmouth, Porker, and Runt from left to right

Loudmouth

Porker - the skin on his back (when you wash him you can see it) is pink with black/grey speckles.. kinda like a border collie type? the hair on it is white but looks grey splotchy from the skin. It's awesome.

Runt - all he does is sleep LOL

New photos, 6/18/12 - shows both sides/back etc :)
And I am very close to getting to keep Porker - I hope DH caves! LOL

by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 3:19 AM
Replies (61-66):
OutlawMUA
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 2:50 PM

update: we decided to keep Porker afterall! He is 6wks old now and had his first vet appt today, he weighs 1lb 9oz LOL how "porkery" of him! We changed his temporary name and his permanent name is now Click :) Vet says he's never seen markings quite like his, especially on such a teeny dog - these markings are more common in medium breed dogs like border collies, heelers, etc. He says it's impossible to say for sure but he thinks he's a Spaniel/Terrier mix.

We found a forever home for Runt a while back, he is happily living with a middle aged woman who was ready for a new puppy after losing her beloved 18yo dog a couple of years ago. She says he is adjusted well and she is deeply in love with him :)

We still have Loudmouth, she has a vet appt today to get an exam and dewormer, but we are still looking for a home for her. She is getting fat and playful and is very much an Alpha dog. She thinks she is the boss here lol I don't know what she weighs but I'd say probably 3lb or so - she's a fatty!

noey31308
by Noelle on Jul. 2, 2012 at 2:53 PM
Can I adopt. One???? Theey are so cute were are you??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OutlawMUA
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 4:18 PM

LOL we are in Texas but the last one found a home 20 minutes ago! Everyone has a forever home now :)

Quoting noey31308:

Can I adopt. One???? Theey are so cute were are you??

OutlawMUA
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 4:20 PM

Last update for now:

Loudmouth was 3lb 3oz and healthy as a horse. Thinks she's a boxer/terrier - says mom must have been terrier and multiple baby daddies lol but doesn't think she will get very big either. On the way home from the vet (got her dewormed also), I stopped at the park to take her and baby for a walk, and ran into a family that fell in love with her before they even knew she was looking for a home. They instantly said yes when I said she was available and she now has a home also!
All puppies have a family now :D

BeAmour
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 4:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Awww good!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dusky_rose
by Sue on Jul. 2, 2012 at 4:25 PM

Cuteness!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)