Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Anyone good at ID-ing dog breeds? (rescue puppies, pics inside) NEW PHOTOS

Posted by   + Show Post

We are rescue/fostering these three pups, have to find them homes. They're about 4wks old . I can "see" different breeds in them, or characteristics of different breeds, but not really certain. Sometimes I look and see boxer, sometimes hunting dog (cur?), sometimes border collie, sometimes terrier.. LOL I'm so indecisive!

Any input?

All of them - you can see back/side markings a little better here.

Loudmouth, Porker, and Runt from left to right

Loudmouth

Porker - the skin on his back (when you wash him you can see it) is pink with black/grey speckles.. kinda like a border collie type? the hair on it is white but looks grey splotchy from the skin. It's awesome.

Runt - all he does is sleep LOL

New photos, 6/18/12 - shows both sides/back etc :)
And I am very close to getting to keep Porker - I hope DH caves! LOL

by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 3:19 AM
Replies (31-40):
cassiekitty7
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 5:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I am a vet, but could still be wrong as they are so young.  But, I see boxer in these pups.  Very cute!!! 

mstricey
by Platinum Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 5:30 PM
They look like they came from 2 totally different litters lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emandab
by Bronze Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 6:01 PM

lmao now that would be funny to see

Quoting erinsmom1964:

I have seen pit chihuahuas..... ??????

Quoting emandab:

Lol I've acually seen it happen. Well okay I did'nt watch them get it on but saw the resulting puppies lol.

Quoting Paperfishies:

Shepherd as in German Shepherd? Damn, I would Like to see how that happened...a beagle and a German shepherd....wow.

Quoting JacksMom1221:

Beagle and shepherd most likely. Maybe some lab. They're kinda small to be able to tell. Super cute tho! Makes me want a puppy real bad!

Aspiemom0203
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 6:03 PM
Boxer/ Shepard.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erinsmom1964
by Ruby Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 6:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting emandab:

Quoting erinsmom1964:

Quoting emandab:

Lol I've acually seen it happen. Well okay I did'nt watch them get it on but saw the resulting puppies lol.

Quoting Paperfishies:

Shepherd as in German Shepherd? Damn, I would Like to see how that happened...a beagle and a German shepherd....wow.

Quoting JacksMom1221:

Beagle and shepherd most likely. Maybe some lab. They're kinda small to be able to tell. Super cute tho! Makes me want a puppy real bad!

OutlawMUA
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 6:45 PM

not much, I will weigh them when they wake up!

Quoting erinsmom1964:

how much do they weigh now at 4 weeks?

OutlawMUA
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 6:46 PM
3 moms liked this

do you call it a little chit?

Quoting erinsmom1964:

Quoting emandab:

Quoting erinsmom1964:

Quoting emandab:

Quoting Paperfishies:

Quoting JacksMom1221:

autum713
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 6:48 PM
Wait until about 3 months etc
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
little.knickers
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 6:50 PM
I've no idea...! Little too young to be sure. However, I would advise against rescuing all three pups permanently. Training three puppies properly is a huge huge huge amount of work. I'm sure if you foster they will be adopted out super fast. Sorry, you may be experienced and know what is ahead, but just I'm case I thought I should say something.

The pups are gorgeous. Making me ' broody'. We foster, and the 10 wk old we've had with us has just left. Big puppy hole left even though I have two dogs under two!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nysa76
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 6:50 PM
1 mom liked this

My dog is a lab/maltese mix (lab is the momma).  Strange things LOL

Quoting Paperfishies:

Quoting JacksMom1221:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)