Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

flavored drink alternitives

Posted by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 11:45 AM
  • 22 Replies

I am a HUGE soda junkie. I cant STAND water. I don't like having NO flavor at all. I want to loose weight. What are some healthier drinks to drink that have flavor?

The month of May is the Nerofibromatosis awarness month. 

One of the major signs are cafe au lait spots (flat brown spots on the skin).

Please research this disorder! 

I have this disorder myself.

CLICK PHOTO FOR MORE INFO!

by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 11:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jillbailey26
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 11:47 AM

There's flavored water.  I've never had it though.  Check the ingredients before you drink it.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

kjfamily
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 11:48 AM
They are not really healthy but have no calories or very few; those crystal light or kook aid packets you add to water. I like water so..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brownhairday1
1 mom liked this
Vitamin water is really good
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
countrygurl1985
Vitamin water!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Engel11
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 11:49 AM
Nestle pure life flavored water is good. Its not carbonated or thick syrupy like other flavored waters. Its just a light hint of flavor .. 0 calories but you just have to watch how much you drink because of the sodium. I drink them every so often when I don't want plain water. Also, if you squeze fresh lemon into ice water that's good too. And it gets rid of bloating. :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TxMommyOfBoys
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 11:50 AM
Clear american from Walmart is the shit!!! Zero calories. I love the pinapple coconut one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
M0M0F3B0YS82
I love mio cause I can add as little or as much as I want and also they have energy ones too lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyFlood
You can try coconut water but unfortunately flavored, low calorie water you're going to get aspartame or another artificial sweetner which are worse for you and among other things, linked to weight gain.
You need to acquire a taste for water, there really isn't a comparable replacement.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iamcafemom83
by Rah-Rah on Jun. 16, 2012 at 11:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Water with lemon. Look up the recipe for "sassy water". It's very slimming and I just loved the taste. Very refreshing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-42-
by Gold Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 11:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Too much Vitamin Water can be bad for you.

I just throw some lemon slices or lime slices in my water. We buy the Nestle Pure Life bottled water because the city water tastes bad. :(

I am considering buying one of those soda machine things, and just doing carbonated flavored water when I feel like I miss the 'bubbles'. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)