Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

So I decided.

Posted by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 8:31 PM
  • 16 Replies
1 mom liked this
I wanted a yorkie for Christmas.
Dh being the awesome guy he is has started a yorkie fund for me.
And said he'd look into respectable breeder. After seeing my sisters dog whose only 5lbs btw I was kinda disgusted lol.
I then went to go look at the local pound and I saw this gorgeous older looking dog.
Sadly we don't have room for a big dog ):
But I told dh instead of a yorkie I wanna wait till Sergio&Natalie are older& we can go save a dog from the shelter who knows maybe one each (;
He agreed with the saving one not one eachlol.
But I changed the savings to save a dog fund (:
That way we will have enough to make sure he or she can get their shots and groomed(:
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 8:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melissa916
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 8:40 PM
Yay!
When I first started reading this, I thought, ewww, not a yorkie! So glad to hear you changed your mind, lol!
i_lovedyoufirst
by Gold Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 8:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol I know! I had to take my sisters to get a haircut and I was like you can't toss this a ball?? You can't do much with it lol

Quoting melissa916:

Yay!

When I first started reading this, I thought, ewww, not a yorkie! So glad to hear you changed your mind, lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
numonestunar
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 8:53 PM
Yes!!
We adopted our yellow lab, Sara from the shelter. She is a pita but we love her. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 8:54 PM

We are currently looking to add to our family. It is so hard to find the right one. I want to take them ALL. I am a bleeding heart when it comes to dogs LOL

Keep an eye on petfinder.com , you may come across one that will fit in your family!

stockuponlove
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 8:55 PM
That's awesome. At least you are being smart about it. Good for you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yo_ho
by Gold Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 8:59 PM

Aw, I love pound puppies. Both of mine are. As well as two of the three cats.

rach_mommy
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 9:01 PM
I swear mutts make the best dogs! We have a beagle/basset/who else knows what else, and he is the best. That's what you mostly find at the pound.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on Jun. 16, 2012 at 9:01 PM

yay! awesome =]

Lostinindy
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 9:03 PM
I have to be careful when I say I would like another dog. They tend to appear. We got one dog, because the idiot neighbors decided that they didn't want him anymore. They took his tags off and threw him out front. We lived on a busy road. It wouldn't have ended well. He is a lab greyhound mix. Then I said I'd love a little dog. I drove into the driveway and this little dog jumped into my car. I searched the neighborhood, checked with all the vets, and groomers and put ads in the paper and Craigslist. No one ever claimed him. He lives with my parents. He is easily 10+ and couldnt take a house with 7 kids. So you might not need a fund. Just an open heart.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
i_lovedyoufirst
by Gold Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 9:04 PM
Pita??
I always when I was little would get a dog from the shelter.
I once adopted one with only one eye.
I loved her dearly she died of old age when I was 13 I cries so hard

Quoting numonestunar:

Yes!!

We adopted our yellow lab, Sara from the shelter. She is a pita but we love her. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)