Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Professional Resume help.?!?

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 2:10 PM
  • 7 Replies

So my dad lost his job, story is up in the air on what really happened on why (my bets are couldnt keep it in his pants, yep really) but since I'm the daughter and the fact that my mom is disiabled and I REALLY don't want them living with me I am helping him with his resume. I have fully updated it , however. I am unsure of the printing. He has only had 7 jobs since 1988. It is a 2 page resume, do I print it front to back? 2 seprate pages and staple it? paper clip ? attach letters of reference?

http://binkysbuttons.blogspot.com/

by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 2:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
2ndtimemom605
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 2:16 PM
2 separate pages,and staple them together.

Don't attach letters of reference.When/If he is called for an interview then he can go with a separate sheet of his references and the letters.If you are uncomfortable leaving them out,then just write "References available on request"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pnukey
by Jennifer on Jun. 17, 2012 at 2:19 PM

Everything this, except the "references available upon request." I read recently on Yahoo that it is a dated phrase that employers no longer want to see. I just took it off mine. :)

Quoting 2ndtimemom605:

Don't attach letters of reference.When/If he is called for an interview then he can go with a separate sheet of his references and the letters.If you are uncomfortable leaving them out,then just write "References available on request"

Binkys_Buttons
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 2:20 PM

Prefect thanks!!!

Quoting 2ndtimemom605:

Binkys_Buttons
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 2:21 PM

I wonder why?

Quoting Pnukey:

Everything this, except the "references available upon request." I read recently on Yahoo that it is a dated phrase that employers no longer want to see. I just took it off mine. :)

Quoting 2ndtimemom605:

Pnukey
by Jennifer on Jun. 17, 2012 at 2:23 PM

I *think* because it's just extra reading for them and only absolutely necessary stuff should be on the resume, even though it's only 4 little words. If they want references, they'll ask.

Quoting Binkys_Buttons:

I wonder why?

Quoting Pnukey:

Quoting 2ndtimemom605:

PestPatti
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 2:25 PM

All the unemployment counselors say 1 page resume..

2ndtimemom605
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 3:03 PM
I know,but some people are uncomfortable with leaving it completely out.I think they are afraid it makes them look shady?

Quoting Pnukey:

Quoting 2ndtimemom605:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)