Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Sitting on the phone with CPS pics* **UPDATE 6 in red yesterdays visit** ***FINAL update in purple***

Posted by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 11:40 AM
  • 287 Replies
1 mom liked this

I got the ruling back today, all 3 of the burns (each child had 1 burn) were ruled as accidental.

They still haven't talked to my ex about him holding DD (5) in the corner with his knee in her back, but I'm sure that will also be disregarded.

So now my only hope is to hope that my ex gets prison time for the theft he committed.

Still no ruling, and they are going to look into the knee in the back issue.

The visit yesterday went better than last weekends, but my dd was telling me that her dad put her in time out and held her there with his knee. I'm getting ready to call DCFS now to see if they have made a decision, and to let them know about what happened yesterday. This is not how I wanted to spend my birthday!

I officially hate Fridays! I made no progress yesterday, DCFS still hasn't made a ruling, so I guess we wait til Monday, which means kids have to go to the visit on Sunday! Hopefully BD doesn't run his mouth, otherwise my husband my end up in jail tomorrow...I will update on how the visit goes tomorrow evening, and then again on Monday if anything has changed. Most places that I tried calling were closed yesterday, UGH!

Still haven't heard anything from DCFS on if they are ruling it an accident or not, but found out something interesting today! SM has an opened DCFS case for child endangerment, so I'm definitely appealing their decision if they decide to rule it as an accident. My DD has said that it was SM cigarette that burned her.

Talked to my lawyer and she said that the courts will go with what DCFS rules, so if they rule it accidental then there is nothing I can do, without being in contempt of court. So I have to comply with what the visitation states even though my kids are at risk of being injured further. However if it is ruled as intentional then I could possibly either get the visitation supervised or cancelled all together.

Just talked to DCFS, they are more than likely going to rule it as an accident!

I called the case worker and got no answer so I left a message, I will update as soon as I get a call back!

*DCFS update--The caseworkers just left my house, they are going to talk to him and his wife now. They should call as soon as they have determined if it was in fact an accident or if it was intentional. As soon as I have it confirmed that they also think it was intentional I am going to talk to my lawyer about revising the parent time agreement, if not terminating his rights completely. This is not the first time that he has been under suspicion of child abuse, but it damn sure will be the last! I will update again as soon as I know more! But DCFS came and talked to the kids and took a statement along with more pictures. Thanks ladies for being so great!

Sitting on the phone with CPS, and holy crap do they ask a lot of questions!

Last night I picked my kids up from visitation with their dad and both of them had burn marks on their arms. Their dad said it was from them running into a lit cigarette, but his stepdaughter also has a burn on her arm from the same day. Its an awfully big coincidence that 3 kids all got burned on the same day. I called the cops last night, they came and took pictures. I will be on the phone with their doctor as soon as I get off the phone with CPS.

I'm still pissed off about it!

The kids say that they ran into the cigarette, but the burn is a perfect circle on both my 2 kids. The kids are 5, 4, and 4. My 5 year old when she was telling the cop that showed up she said she ran into the cigarette, but looked at me for approval before continuing the story, like she might get in trouble for telling, which is concerning to me. Their biodad has a history of domestic violence. IDK why they were that close to them smoking. I asked them not to smoke around them indoors, but outside away from them was fine. I too am a smoker (I know terrible habit) and I have never burned them while smoking, but I also make sure they are away from me, if they run up to me, my cigarette goes up by my face and completely out of reach of them.

5 year old DD's burn

DS's burn 4 year old. 

Burns today 6/20/12

DD's burn

DS's burn

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 11:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on Jun. 18, 2012 at 11:40 AM
2 moms liked this
He needs to be locked up. Did you take photos?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy03021207
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 11:42 AM
Oh hell no! I would be pissed!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sunivondea
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 11:42 AM
5 moms liked this
Good. Glad you took action. Even if it turns out to be an accident, why is he that close to them while he's smoking?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kcangel63
by Ruby Member on Jun. 18, 2012 at 11:43 AM
That is a big 'coincidence'. How old are the 3?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyoftwo103
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 11:43 AM

Did you ask the kids what happened? :(

LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Jun. 18, 2012 at 11:44 AM
What the hell?! What did the kids say happened? That's so screwed up
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Willis_Mommie
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2012 at 11:45 AM
bump for update
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pookienbobosmom
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 11:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Smoking around them is bad enough but how do 3 kids accidently get burned??

momof2nanangel
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 11:46 AM
2 moms liked this

hope you find out what happend and he goes to jail for what he did

nebcutie
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2012 at 11:47 AM
I hope they do something! That is just messed up!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN