Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What is it with people these days

Posted by   + Show Post

So many people coming off with a attitude.  Last week one day I had to stop at the grocery store.  I decide to get some salad off the self service salad bar they have. I see only some large salad boxes. Then some sort of small round containers but no lids to the round containers.  No small salad boxes.  I wanted a small salad. Then was going to get some guacamoli to go with some tacos for dinner.  I see they got lids for the soup containers.  They fit the small round containers. But not like the proper lid for the container. I go to the check out.  I politely tell the cashier the salad bar needs more containers and lids put out. That the salad bar itself is kind of messy. Somethings are empty.  You might want to tell someone to check it. That this lid is not the right one for my container. It's for the soup cups.  She pulls a attitude.  Oh whatever works.  Doesn't address the issue of the cleanliness of the salad bar. 

Then yesterday we stopped at Taco Bell.  I was going to get a mess of tacos for dinner because it was in the 90's outside.  Not cooking. I had to go to Walgreens to pick up dh's meds anyway.  It is right next to Taco Bell.  I order up my taco's.  I ordered up some of these mango strawberry frozen drinks.  It's taking a bit for the taco's to be made. But not mad about it.  Right after I placed my order. This girl puts up my frozen drinks.  They are sitting there while they are still making up the tacos.  I comment Hey don't you think you should of poured my frozen drinks after you made my food. These drinks are starting to melt.  She says Oh I guess they are.  I was dropping the hint I want new drinks. That are not melting. She don't offer redo my drinks.  She was kind of a ditz in my oppinion.  She puts up my bags of tacos.  She see's me trying to juggle 3 drinks and 2 bags of food. Almost spilling one of the drinks.   Finally she says.  Oh.  You need a cup tray. Yeah. That would be nice.  I grab my food and leave.

by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 10:57 AM
Replies (21-22):
bensgal4
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 12:35 AM

Most of the fast food restaurants employee teenagers and they already have an attitude...lol.  I always try to be nice to the employees no matter where I am.  Should I get attitude from them I ask why they are aggravated, I usually get an apology.  If I don't I take my business some where else.  Now if I am in a bad mood and get attitude, I too can get stupid and angry with them.  I will leave at some point and complain to my Husband or friends about the place.  Good Customer Service is a thing of the past in my opinion.  There are some exceptions to this situation. 

Lvplus5
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 2:31 AM
This is exactly why I am trying to sway my soon to be working 16year old into retail or something not food related for her 1st job. Dealing with food is much tougher than clothes or household items. It never seizes to amaze me the lack of logic some people lack when it comes to customer service and presentation of their product.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)