Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Severe weather*****Edited with photos!! Edited again!

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm in MN and we have flood warnings and severe storm warnings until tomorrow. Just watched the news and some parts by me have gotten over 4 inches in the last hour and that it takes 6 inches an hour to move a vehicle. Lots of roads are closed and were supposed to get inches more throughout the night! I'm not used to this kind of severe weather.....it's different than a snow storm!

And of course my DH is out of town for a couple more days!

****They are still closing roads and evacuationg people as the water settles! Moose Lake is closed, you cant get in our out. The St Louis River is crazy. CHeck out this link of the aeriel view of the river!

http://kstp.com/news/stories/s2663295.shtml

by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 11:34 PM
Replies (31-37):
sadams269
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 4:50 PM
So hard to believe I was just in Duluth yesterday! and now it looks like that! my cousin has sent me videos of in front of his house he lives over by 21st W and its even flooded over there! soo crazy can't wait to see what it looks like when I go down there again on Sunday
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nebcutie
by Gold Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 4:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Cover your window in the kitchen with foil to help block the sun.

Quoting Luv2BaMommy9809:

Thank you, darling!!  I think I got a good handle on it.  The bedrooms, bath, and living room are not sun facing rooms.  I have three fans going.  One in each bedroom and one facing the playmat in the living room, although I am thinking about bringing in a second...when dh, and my oldest get home this afternoon, it is going to get crowded in here!  I also periodically pat them down with a damp facecloth:  neck, head, face, back, feet, and little sticky armpits, too!  I am not as worried for them as I was.

I am however, worried for myself.  Making dinner is going to be uncomfortable.  The kitchen does face the sun and adjacent to the tiny sun room and there is only a valance there.  It is a sauna in there already!  I am not going to fuss...I am thinking a salad (which I make every night) and sandwhiches...tuna sounds pretty good.  I am pretty sure I have all the fixings.  I better because I am not driving to the market in my little putt putt with no AC!! lol  Yeah, we're a mess!

Quoting -KJ:

Will be thinking of you! Hope it doesn't get as hot as they think!

Quoting Luv2BaMommy9809:

I am in the East Coast and we are in for record breaking heat for the next two days.  Air quality alerts have been issued and shelters have been set up for the elderly and other that need AC...

I hope we'll be alright with the three fans we got!!

HANG IN THERE, MAMA!! 

{{{ HUGS }}}

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
slransde
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 4:56 PM
Man, I'm in the cities, I'm so glad the worst didn't hit us. My best friend is in Duluth and told me the president classified it as being in a state of emergency!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
slransde
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 4:58 PM
Holy buckets...no wonder its been declared an emergency

Quoting Cheribomb:

im from duluth & all my friends/family live up there!  craziness!  especially since its on a hill!!!  

here a few pics i got from friends...

Grandma's by the mall

Krenzen's auto 

seal that got out of the zoo & found on Grand Ave.

sinkhole on skyline

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-KJ
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:28 PM

Duluth, Hermantown and Superior are all "state if emergency".....the govenor is supposed to be here tomorrow

Quoting slransde:

Man, I'm in the cities, I'm so glad the worst didn't hit us. My best friend is in Duluth and told me the president classified it as being in a state of emergency!

lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:31 PM

HUGS...

WildCat73
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:33 PM

wow we need so bad here but i do not want that. Stay safe.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)