Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

And this is why I stopped going to church!!!! (might be offensive to some)

Posted by   + Show Post

Ok so I stopped going to church a little while back because I got a message on facebook from my youth pastor's wife after I stated openly on my page that I am a bisexual woman and was previously with a woman. I was in a 3 year relationship with another woman, yes my husband knew and was ok with it. We broke up last year. Anyway I got a message about how its against God and a sin and all that jazz. I may have as recently as last year accepted the Christian religion but thats one part of it that I don't agree with. I am who I am and I refuse to change for anyone. Idk if I'll ever be with another woman again but if I do then I won't have anyone telling me I'm wrong!!!! If my husband is ok with it then thats all that matters, that and my children.

Anyhow my ex gf has been attending a different church than I was. She started dating another woman in March. Well, I just found out that her pastor kicked her out of church for dating a woman. Now that to me is just fucked up!!!!! To be kicked out of church for dating a woman when they knew she had previously had a gf is ridiculous. Thats my religious issue right there!!! The damn judgement. She can go back once she's stopped sinning blah blah. Such crap!

Her getting kicked from the church is NOT a good thing. She's had a lot of problems since last year. Her twin brother passed away and she spiraled down hill bad. Meeting this girl? Yeah that was NOT a  good thing for her. Since they started dating she hasn't been allowed to drive her own car, never mind that her gf does NOT have a license. Her gf will have a friend in the car with them and make her sit in the back seat of her own car. She doesn't leave her house unless she's with her gf, the last time I saw her I was in my car. I stopped to say hi to her and her boys and her gf came up behind me in her (my ex's) car and she rushed the boys off and barely said a word. Actually looked anxious about being seen talking to me. This chick has her totally under her control and its not ok. I mean seriously, she's not even allowed to have her own friends anymore. She's had people try to tell her things are not ok but she wont listen. She basically got with the female version of her children's father, who actually tried to kill her and got off on just a domestic assault and 2 years in jail while shit was pending. She doesn't listen to anyone. I've been told by more than one person her gf has put a gun to an ex's head because the girl tried to leave her house when she told her she couldn't! Not to mention she's been a coke dealer for years. My ex says her gf doesnt do that anymore but hello she has NO job yet always has money and is always getting phone calls then has to rush out the door.

Now that the church has kicked her out she's not going to get shit for support. I'm posting this because I needed to vent it because its been driving me nuts but I'm not asking for advice. She's going to figure things out on her own some day. Right now she's just blinded. She thinks this girl loves her sooo much. In reality its more like this chick is using her for a place to stay and because my ex spends all her money on her and she got full access to my ex's car to go run the roads all the time. She'll eventually learn the hard way. When someone calls her on it she denies every bit of it even when people see it for themselves so the way I see it, its her problem now. I'll be there for her when she wakes up and comes to her senses but until then I'm keeping my distance. I just think its wrong that the church booted her when she really needs the help. And their reason for doing so is just not ok.

Sorry so long lol Guess I really just needed to vent it.

by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 12:56 AM
Replies (61-63):
.Pagan.
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:41 AM

if you need a church id suggest a Universal Unitarian one. part of the bible speaks specifically against homosexuality so it really shouldn't be much of a surprise to anyone when this thing happens. do i think it is wrong...absolutely..but its spoken against in that religion in the books they keep in their worship houses.

hope_love_dream
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:29 PM

that's why i dont do the church thing either

mom_dl6
by Platinum Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 2:06 PM

I'm a christian and don't go to church either and it is because of all the judgment, I think it's sad... Church is supposed to be where you go for compassion and it's totally oppisite of that, It's full of hate and intolerance for others it's a shame that most churchs (not all) do not really care about the ppl !   I'm sorry your dealing with that crap           HUGS!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN