Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Holy crap !!! I am going to blow up

Ds is 4 and yes he has his bad days , but the last week and a half have been hell . He doesn't listen to anyone , I can tell him to do something or to stop doing something 6 times and he still doesn't listen . Once I get him to listen he goes back and does it again , while looking at me for a reaction . He has also been bouncing off the dang walls , even when I let him go play outside , and he isn't getting any sugar . He also has had the habit of telling me why he is breaking the rules (making his own rules ) then arguing with me about why he is right .. He has been yelling at adults lately too... I am seriously to my last straw . Punishments do not work . I do not know what to do. I am pregnant and I am sure my blood pressure being this high isn't good . Is anyone else dealing with this ??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:17 AM
Replies (21-22):
MrsMalsam
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:13 AM
Ignore his bad behaviors since he clearly seems to be doing them for the attention (IE: staring at you while doing it). Stop arguing with your child and follow through. Ignoring bad behavior and redirection are key. Do not address the bad behavior, just redirect him to something more appropriate or what you need him to do. Say nothing to him except the direction you require of him. Like "pick up toys" or whatever it is you need him to do. The more attention you give to his bad behaviors, the more they continue. Reward his good behavior with attention and ignore the bad ones (unless seriously dangerous to himself or others). You absolutely need to follow through on everything!! Otherwise your child will continue to have the run of things.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IreneCarroll
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:15 AM
bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN