Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

When you go to do something and as soon as you're about to you completely forget what it was???
I just opened a Google tab on my browser to look SOMETHING up but for the life of me I can't remember.... 

by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 7:04 AM
Replies (11-15):
kmencl3210
by Gold Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 7:23 AM
Damn, thought maybe I could skip it lol. I've had mommy brain for the past 4 years... Wish it'd stop :( even just 1 week of having my brain back!

Quoting emmy526:

Welcome to adulthood!!

Quoting kmencl3210:

I'm only 20 lol.... I blame mommy brain plus not sleeping any last night.. oh and stress of course

Quoting emmy526:

isnt' getting older fun??

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
victorianmom55
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 7:25 AM

LOL, that is usually what happens, however for me it is the middle of the night, I would wake up and go ....that was it! My husband would be wondering what was it, and I would have to tell him..he would just laugh and shake his head...and go back to sleep.While I would be thinking about it.

Quoting kmencl3210:

I used to, but I kept loosing it and so I'd get distracted looking for it and eventually forget what I had to write down anyway... So I gave up and if I don't remember than it must not have been that important haha. Although like 2 seconds before opening this I remembered what it was that I needed to do :)

Quoting victorianmom55:

Yup, that does bother me....so I now keep a notepad with me at all times to write it down. I also go through my notes to make sure I checked everything. What I didn't get too, well there is always tomorrow.

Shari, wife to John 4/88, mom to Heather 1/77,Nyssa 4/89, Michaela 8/94

kmencl3210
by Gold Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 7:36 AM

That probably wouldve happened if we'd actually went to sleep last night lol. If I wake DH up at night he wont remember any of it, so I usually just send him a text about it.

Quoting victorianmom55:

LOL, that is usually what happens, however for me it is the middle of the night, I would wake up and go ....that was it! My husband would be wondering what was it, and I would have to tell him..he would just laugh and shake his head...and go back to sleep.While I would be thinking about it.

Quoting kmencl3210:

I used to, but I kept loosing it and so I'd get distracted looking for it and eventually forget what I had to write down anyway... So I gave up and if I don't remember than it must not have been that important haha. Although like 2 seconds before opening this I remembered what it was that I needed to do :)

Quoting victorianmom55:

Yup, that does bother me....so I now keep a notepad with me at all times to write it down. I also go through my notes to make sure I checked everything. What I didn't get too, well there is always tomorrow.

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 7:38 AM
Happens all the time! I hate it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jshalas89
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 7:42 AM
Well darn...Your brains just tired mama! LoL.

Quoting kmencl3210:

I did.. I went back and read the update on my post I'd just finished typing, went back and looked at the bank account, and my email.... Nothing. It was important too, I know that much!

Quoting jshalas89:

Go back to what you were doing when you were thinking about it. Helps me every time.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)