Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

we might be homeless soon.....thanks alot edit***

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:05 PM
  • 53 Replies

the back story is that back in dec 09 fil helped us buy the house were in now so we could be closer to him (ds is special needs and we need the support of family when we are in and out of hospitals). so also becasue we were only 18 and 19 fil's name is on the lease and home title. bil has been so out of hand the past year, he droped out of school, has a pregnant girlfrined, has no plans to ever get a job, he drinks and smokes an dose drugs. well one day a group of police show up on my door becasue they found weed growing on bil window sil........ so they contact the community office and of course that violates terms and he now has to move....we are under his name which means WE have to move. where? how? no clue. so becasue that dumbass kid we will be living out of a car and suv for god knows how long. my ds has a special bed he has to sleep in so he dosent choke and gag and stop breathing...and im not even sure if that will fit in the suv :/ i just dont know. so now we will be putting off ttc, we will be putting off the job offer in san antonio next year, putting off buying the house.....everything. and i feel like crap. and im pissed at fil. i told him over and over he has to do somthing to make that kid understand but no. instead he gives him a car, and lets him do whatever he wants. so now here i sit pissed off and crying. i dont know how im going to explian to all my ds home nurses and therapist that we will no longer have a house in the next few weeks (at best). 

sorry just venting. any ideas what we can do?

fil bought the trailer were in and we pay him mortgage, and we rent the land were on. the lease for the land says we cannot move the trailer for 4 years after purchase. but that anything under fil name (we are not on any papers) will be punished with eviction for violation. no it dose not really make sense. but the arc community here is all kinds of crazy.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mazie0723
by Platinum Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:07 PM
Ok if your fil helped you buy a house how do you have a lease?? Talk to the owner and sign a new lease.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SimplyErathy
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:09 PM

his name is on it but we have the acutall lease just for refrence. he lives next door and has his own house. 

Quoting Mazie0723:

Ok if your fil helped you buy a house how do you have a lease?? Talk to the owner and sign a new lease.

mommy03021207
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:14 PM
Find a different house to live in
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Marimaru

Maybe your son's nurses and doctors know of a program that could help you or something, since your son needs special care?

jayme1978
Was bil living with y'all? That kid sounds like a fucking loser.
i_lovedyoufirst
by Gold Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:16 PM
So you have to move because of what your bil did?
Why was your bil living with you and not his dad,
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dlock25
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:17 PM

If your FIL helped you buy the house and he is on the title with you what does your BIL have to do with this?

SusanD
by Gold Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:17 PM

So is the house leased or mortgaged? If you are leasing the home, then you aren't buying. If you are buying the house, then they can't say you are in violation of anything and kick you out of something that you own.

Also if your FIL's name is on the lease, how are you living there undil BIL's name?

nicsmama09
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:20 PM
Im confused sry
bil shouldnt have lived with you...
if he doesnt then I dont understand Why youd have to move

Do you have any money saved...? Rent an apt or motel room til you find one you can move into
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jadsmummy
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:21 PM

Quoting SusanD:

So is the house leased or mortgaged? If you are leasing the home, then you aren't buying. If you are buying the house, then they can't say you are in violation of anything and kick you out of something that you own.

Also if your FIL's name is on the lease, how are you living there undil BIL's name?

THIS

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)