Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

If it's scabies again I'm going to flip my sh@#! (swearing)

Posted by   + Show Post

In the fall of 2010 my daughter got scabies. I have no idea where she got it from but the Dr said it was rare that it started on the back of her neck. The treatment worked, so I didn't think anything of it. Then this past May, I saw the same thing on the back of my son's neck. I brought him to the Dr, again scabies and the treatment worked. Today my daughter gets out of the shower and I notice the back of her neck has a scabby rash, she also has a few hives on her shoulder and side. I'm having a hard time believing she got scabies again. What the hell is going on? Even though scabies is supposed to be very contagious, my husband and I did not get it, also my kids haven't ever contracted it from each other, so I know it;s not coming from my home. Also, my house is very clean and I've done everything I'm supposed to after we have gotten rid of it, we have no pets. We do have an asshole who lets his dog shit behind me house all the time. I pick up the poop, but the kids to on occasion play in the yard and lay in the grass. Could they be getting it from that?

Photobucket   Photobucket

Be kind to me or treat me mean, I'll make the most of it I'm an extraordinary machine.

by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:25 PM
Replies (11-20):
KitschyGirl
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:39 PM

Maybe once, but my kids have had 3 incidents in 1 1/2 years. That would be quite a coincidence.

Quoting firemouse23:

Scabies has nothing to do with how clean or dirty a child is...It is extremely contagious and you can be the cleanest person in the world and still get it and pass it on.

Quoting jayme1978:

Who are they playing with that's dirty?

Be kind to me or treat me mean, I'll make the most of it I'm an extraordinary machine.

KitschyGirl
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Quoting mich.el.le:

Wow. :/  Idk anything about scabies.

Neither did I until two years ago. I'm thinking it has to be something else. Why is it always on their neck if that is so rare? The Dr can never find an entrance hole either.

lifehappy
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Humans don't catch scabies from animals.

Maybe she has a little irritated heat rash?

mackQuin
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:41 PM
Yeah. My kids have never had it and they are 10 and 6. Someone or sonething they are around is the carrier.

Quoting KitschyGirl:

Maybe once, but my kids have had 3 incidents in 1 1/2 years. That would be quite a coincidence.

Quoting firemouse23:

Scabies has nothing to do with how clean or dirty a child is...It is extremely contagious and you can be the cleanest person in the world and still get it and pass it on.

Quoting jayme1978:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KitschyGirl
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Not from the animals themselves but they can get it from their feces.

Quoting lifehappy:

Humans don't catch scabies from animals.

Maybe she has a little irritated heat rash?

Momof2Stepof3
by Platinum Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:42 PM

It has nothing to do with being dirty!!! You are a total bitch or closed minded to think that.

Quoting jayme1978:

KitschyGirl
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:43 PM

or it's not scabies. Maybe it's being misdiagnosed

Quoting mackQuin:

Yeah. My kids have never had it and they are 10 and 6. Someone or sonething they are around is the carrier.

Quoting KitschyGirl:

Quoting firemouse23:

Quoting jayme1978:

lovin_life85

I hate it, I never knew what it was and a month ago my daughter started breaking out, I thought it was because I changed washing powders but nope it was the scabies. My oldest DD and my SO never got it but I did. My doctor said that you get it through close contact (I sleep with my two year old) and I would think if the dog you mentioned has it they could be getting it from the yard. Like I said they can live off of the body for 72 hours. Borax works really good, sprinkle it all in your yard just to be safe.

Quoting KitschyGirl:

Quoting lovin_life85:

They can live in carpets, bed linens, furniture, stuffed animals, etc. for up to 72 hours. Did you wash all of this stuff? If not that could be the case.

Yes. Washed everything. In hot water. And my husband and I have never gotten it. If it was in our house I would think we would all have caught it.

Winter-Goddess

Got a camera on your phone. I did that when a dog was digging up my yard, bushes, plants and chasing my cat.

Mainstream Moms-Come join the normal side of parenting. No AP.

firemouse23
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:44 PM

I understand how very frustrated you must be.  It has to be something in the environment and I would definitely talk to your neighbor about his dog messing in your yard.  Ask the dr if there is anything....powder or anything you can sprinkle on the yard where the dog has messed to maybe kill off the little buggers.  I do wish you luck with this...I had them baaaaaaad as a kid.  Got them from the neighbor kids and it sucked...the itching is intense and the treatment of having to wash everything daily and put the creme on all the time sucked.  I hope you find the source and can move forward and not have to look back again

Quoting KitschyGirl:

Quoting firemouse23:

Quoting jayme1978:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN