Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

So dh was admitted to the hospital last night. I took the kids to him this morning and while we were there i set up an appt for my ds6 months. 

So while we were waiting for the nurse to call us back. and i had the baby on the floor and he is now trying to crawl, but like all babies he is scooting backwards instead of forward. 

So i keep asking him, "baby where you going? you gotta go forward nit backwards silly boy" and i giggle cuz he looks at me like "naw really" lol

So there is a lady sitting a few seats next to me. She is being mean to her ds. He wants a hug and she goes "just because that boy got a hug that doesnt mean you need one" and then she pushes him away. the look on his face broke my heart. 

But as i am talking to my 6month old she sits closer to me and goes

"all babies do that. there is nothing wrong with him i promise you. its totally normal"

all i could do was sit there for a minute. lol

Then i looked at her and i said

"oh i know hes my fourth. I talk to all my kids like that at this age."

she then told "you dont have to be bitchy about it. i was just trying to help. i didnt see a ring on ur finger so im guessing your a single mom"           -_-

I told her "i appreciate that but i am not a single mom i am happily married"

She then sighs at me and walks off. 

Her ds looked about 6yrs old looked at me and whispers "im sorry maam"

by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 4:44 PM
Replies (51-60):
Sassy762
by Emerald Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 6:26 PM
1 mom liked this

DO NOT LAUGH at me, lol

YES I do, lol Whenever my DD is in the hospital having a baby ....I absolutely will buy the 5 pack and completely clean the entire hospital room and bathroom, walls, floors and anything that is in  the room....DAILY. The nurses look at me like I am crazy BUT no one has ever told me to stop.....NOT that I would, lol

Quoting Rylansmommy386:

Bahahaha super mommy scrubbing public floors with lysol and clorox wipes so her child can touch it

Quoting Sassy762:

YEP OP....Take note and put this stuff in your diaper bag ASAP

AND THIS ALSO

Professional LYSOL Brand Disinfectant, Country, 19 oz. Aerosol Cans, 12/Carton

Quoting jadsmummy:

See this is why its so important to be super mommy. You must at all times carry disinfectant spray sterilized blankets several because if they touch any non sterile surface they must be burned a small vacuum cleaner masks air purifier and of course the all purpose plastic bubble just in case someone sneezes within 50ft to protect baby from projectile snot 50 ft away because lets face it that snot could just make it all the way onto Jr.

Quoting mommysangelface:

Ah shit. Busted

Lmao

Quoting jadsmummy:

O.M.G. you didn't spray disinfectant first and put your own sterilized blanket down?! For shame!

But anyway that other woman sheesh rude! That poor little boy.

Quoting mommysangelface:

they had vacuumed 5 minutes before and he had clothes on.  lmao

but thats not even the point od the post but ok then

Quoting mackQuin:

Because imo; its gross.

Quoting mommysangelface:

on a rug at the doctor's office right in front of me.   y

Quoting mackQuin:

You had your baby on the floor?at a hospital?

MrsMalsam
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 6:29 PM
That would just have me in tears. My heart breaks for that little boy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jadsmummy
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 6:31 PM

I typically use Boogie Wipes. For diaper changes I use a regular Huggies baby wipe but if its for the face or hands I use one of those they work great and are grape scented so DS LOVES them.  

Quoting Sassy762:

I wipe their hands with these all the time BUT immediately after I wipe them with a baby wipes to get the chemicals off, lol

Tell her to use baby wipes afterwards....they will survive....all of mine did, lol

Quoting Amiehart62:

My MIL tried to wipe one of my sons hands with those wipes....I about died he was 15-18 months(don't remember) and put his fingers in his mouth all the time....she isnt allowed to babysit0_O

Quoting Sassy762:

AND THIS ALSO

Quoting jadsmummy:

See this is why its so important to be super mommy. You must at all times carry disinfectant spray sterilized blankets several because if they touch any non sterile surface they must be burned a small vacuum cleaner masks air purifier and of course the all purpose plastic bubble just in case someone sneezes within 50ft to protect baby from projectile snot 50 ft away because lets face it that snot could just make it all the way onto Jr.

Quoting mommysangelface:

Ah shit. Busted

Lmao

Quoting jadsmummy:

O.M.G. you didn't spray disinfectant first and put your own sterilized blanket down?! For shame!

Quoting mommysangelface:

Quoting mackQuin:

Because imo; its gross.

Quoting mommysangelface:

Quoting mackQuin:

Pink.Frosting
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 6:33 PM
Ugh, that poor child. He probably has a tough road ahead of him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hp2011
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 6:36 PM

that is sad.

jadsmummy
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 6:37 PM

Well it is a quirk  :)  Eha I would think its a natural instinct for the Grandma to nest a bit too and want to clean this that and the other thing to prepare for the arrival of the baby.

Quoting Sassy762:

DO NOT LAUGH at me, lol

YES I do, lol Whenever my DD is in the hospital having a baby ....I absolutely will buy the 5 pack and completely clean the entire hospital room and bathroom, walls, floors and anything that is in  the room....DAILY. The nurses look at me like I am crazy BUT no one has ever told me to stop.....NOT that I would, lol

Quoting Rylansmommy386:

Bahahaha super mommy scrubbing public floors with lysol and clorox wipes so her child can touch it

Quoting Sassy762:

AND THIS ALSO

Quoting jadsmummy:

Quoting mommysangelface:

Ah shit. Busted

Lmao

Quoting jadsmummy:

Quoting mommysangelface:

Quoting mackQuin:

Because imo; its gross.

Quoting mommysangelface:

Quoting mackQuin:

shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 6:38 PM

i couldnt get past that either

Quoting mackQuin:

mommysangelface
by Pagan Princess on Jun. 20, 2012 at 6:39 PM

BUMP!

pinkiebabii
by Jennie on Jun. 20, 2012 at 6:41 PM
He was crawling on the floor at the doctors? Eww.

Anyways, what a mean mom she was:(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zebbyzebby06
by Sarah on Jun. 20, 2012 at 6:47 PM
1 mom liked this
I laugh because how ppl freak out bout baby on floor. There are worse things kids touch. Heck park is worse iam sure
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)