Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Birthday gift for a 2 year old..

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 5:40 PM
  • 14 Replies
What should I get my friends son for his 2nd birthday? I seriously have no clue what a 2 yr old likes. My son is only 9 months old and he'll play with ANYTHING lol.

Any suggestions or ideas? Thanks! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 5:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TotallyWarped
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 5:43 PM
Trucks, cars, trains, planes. All the things that move.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Toxic.Stardust
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 5:44 PM
2 year old's aren't very picky either lol. Maybe something Thomas the train related or Sesame Street? Ask your friend what kind of things he likes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cklamour
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 5:45 PM
One of those character tent and tunnel sets. Like the spiderman or cars theme ones.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christina0607
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 5:46 PM
Anything little tikes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TimeEnough4Love
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 5:50 PM

Well, stuffed animals or some sort of dolls (they make them for boys too.) Also, blocks, art supplies, cars, puzzles, a scooter. There's tons of stuff. My daughter will literally play with anything. (she's 19 months.) But my plans include some pretend play items, maybe some costumes, books... Her birthday is Oct 24th, so maybe have a dress up party if i can get some other mothers to come over.

Brooklynsmom82
by Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 5:51 PM
My son just turned two he loves trucks and cars
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hollinicole
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 5:53 PM
This is what I do for the 2&3 year old parties. You can get them at the Family Dollar stores for like $10 and they hold up awesome.

Quoting cklamour:

One of those character tent and tunnel sets. Like the spiderman or cars theme ones.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 5:55 PM

An IPAD. Seems a popular gift for tots on this site. lol j/k

My 2 yo loves cars, basketball, legos, coloring, etc.

GaleJ
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 5:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Please consider a basic set of good quality wooden blocks They are wonderfully fun for a two-year-old, will help with both their physical and mental development, and will be played with for many years in many ways, and as an added benefit you can add to the basic set for gifts in the future. 

cklamour
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 5:58 PM
They sell then in there? Get out?! I bought my sons on Black Friday from Walmart. They do hold up, until my son wanted a "sunroof" and cut a hole through the roof.

Quoting hollinicole:

This is what I do for the 2&3 year old parties. You can get them at the Family Dollar stores for like $10 and they hold up awesome.

Quoting cklamour:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)