Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

These awful people will be coming to my town to protest a soilders funeral. The more I find out about them and what they do/say, the more angry it makes me. How can you have so much hate in your heart and call yourself a church? Who are you to judge anyone? Have you heard of this "church"? What are your views on it?

by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 5:51 PM
Replies (41-49):
Aleta775
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 4:27 PM

I LOVE Kevin Smith. Me and my dh went to one of the special previews of Red State, and we stayed for his Q&A at the end. It was awesome. 

I also love you avi. I forgot the lady's name, but there is a really funny blog about a woman that put a giant metal chicken at the front door for her husband. "Bock! Bock! Motherfucker." LOL.

Quoting Bigmetalchicken:

I love Kevin Smith's take on them.

Bigmetalchicken
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 4:31 PM

Watch "Kevin Smith: Burn In Hell"! He invited the Westboro church out to see Red State, when he showed it in Kansas. And they came!  

Also, you are thinking of my internet hero, and spirit guide, The Bloggess, Jenny Lawson. She has a 5 foot metal chicken named Beyonce, and it is "Knock knock, motherfucker."
Which is how my husband and I greet each other on the phone now.  I love her.  To the point I brought her antique taxidermy frogs, when I met her at a book signing. lol 

Quoting Aleta775:

I LOVE Kevin Smith. Me and my dh went to one of the special previews of Red State, and we stayed for his Q&A at the end. It was awesome. 

I also love you avi. I forgot the lady's name, but there is a really funny blog about a woman that put a giant metal chicken at the front door for her husband. "Bock! Bock! Motherfucker." LOL.

Quoting Bigmetalchicken:

Aleta775
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 4:39 PM

ARG! See I knew I was going to screw that up. LOL. It is The Bloggess, and I've not read her blog very much, but what I have read is super funny. I heard of her through Wil Wheaton's blog. Yep. I'm a super Geek. ;) 

Kevin Smith talked about meeting the folks from Westboro. Best. Story. Ever! :D  Do you have get to hear his smodcasts? OMG, he slays me.

Quoting Bigmetalchicken:

Watch "Kevin Smith: Burn In Hell"! He invited the Westboro church out to see Red State, when he showed it in Kansas. And they came!  

Also, you are thinking of my internet hero, and spirit guide, The Bloggess, Jenny Lawson. She has a 5 foot metal chicken named Beyonce, and it is "Knock knock, motherfucker."
Which is how my husband and I greet each other on the phone now.  I love her.  To the point I brought her antique taxidermy frogs, when I met her at a book signing. lol 

Quoting Aleta775:

Quoting Bigmetalchicken:

LiesLiesLies
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 4:41 PM
It is what it is...the can do it if they want...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bigmetalchicken
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 5:37 PM

See, I rediscovered Wil Wheaton from her blog! lol. His Tumblr is great.  I am madly in like with the Bloggess though. I want to be her best friend.  When I read her book, I was all, "Holy shit! This is me!!", and my husband did not believe me. Then I made him listen to the audio book, and he was all, "Holy shit, this IS you!"

I listen to his smodcasts every so often, but I get distracted too easily to be an avid follower. lol 

Quoting Aleta775:

ARG! See I knew I was going to screw that up. LOL. It is The Bloggess, and I've not read her blog very much, but what I have read is super funny. I heard of her through Wil Wheaton's blog. Yep. I'm a super Geek. ;) 

Kevin Smith talked about meeting the folks from Westboro. Best. Story. Ever! :D  Do you have get to hear his smodcasts? OMG, he slays me.

Quoting Bigmetalchicken:

Quoting Aleta775:

Quoting Bigmetalchicken:

BamaMommy2
by Angel.N.Disguise on Jun. 21, 2012 at 5:38 PM

I've only heard about them through posts on CM. I hope to never have face to face contact with people like that. They disguist me.

usmcwifey222
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 6:52 AM

All of the beliefs that Shirley & her followers share is sick. She says how America is doomed. She protest our Military funerals. This is why she is called the most hated family in America! She has nothing but negative to say about America & our Military. Why doesn't she just get the heck out. She doesn't like where she is & know one wants her here. She protest the people who died to protect her right to protest. I am a military grand daughter, daughter, sister (twice), & wife! Most my friends are Military! I've attended to many military funerals in my lifetime. Thankfully they've never been to protest any I have been too. Coming from such a large Military family, I don't know how my loved ones would react to them. We have a little bit of redneck in us so I am sure some would end up in jail for attacking protesters. Even though that would do no good. Its just sad to see this cult lives right here in the middle of America and they have no respect for this country!

Army_Mom_2_Boyz
by Ruby Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 7:47 AM

Fuck them! They are a bunch of idiotic assholes who do nothing but make themselves look stupid! They suck!

kansasmom1978
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 7:49 AM

I live 45 mins from WBC..........................................They are a disgrace.  They give Chrisitians a bad name.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN