Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Hard lump in newborn's breast.. *edit

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 8:47 PM
  • 28 Replies

Has anyone dealt with this. My sister and my nephew live here. He is two weeks old and we noticed a very hard lump, size of a small marble, in his left breast. His breast looks swollen. But he has been extremely cranky(after eating, diaper change, swaddling, binky). Everything we looked up suggests it is normal and can be a milk duct. But if your baby had this, did it cause  him/her pain? 

She's calling the hotline and waiting for the ped. to call back but she wants other experiences with it! Thanks in advance.

Thanks ladies. You put her mind at ease but the doc is pretty sure everything is ok. He will look at it at the next appointment to make her feel better and to make sure. And just like some of you said, we don't think he was fussing because of it. With a lot of rocking, singing and rubbing his tummy, he is sound asleep!!

by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 8:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hellokittyy
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 8:47 PM
Hope he's okay. Update when you know
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Caitlinmari
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 8:48 PM
most babies have a lump in a breast or 2
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zolanmel
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 8:49 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wodntulk2kno1
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 8:50 PM
Most have lumps in breast sometimes even fluid will come out. It goes away I cant remember how long. Its mot months but it will disappear. My son is the only child of mine that had fluid come out just a few drops.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KAIandKYNZmommy
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 8:53 PM
There was a post like this like a year ago. I believe it ended up being breast milk, like the baby lactating (yes I'm serious) dr said it was normal, except her baby was actually leaking milk from its breast, the dr told her it could dry up and cause knots. (as you explained) I think they gave it medication to dry up the process. (I say it bc I can't remember boy or girl) good luck, hope it's something simple.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DamiensMommy1
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 8:55 PM
Never had it happen.... bump and good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamawilbur
by Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 8:56 PM
yep my son had it and it went away
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 8:57 PM
DD was born with swollen breast tissue in both breasts. She had boobs basically. I forget how long it took but it did go away and didn't cause any pain.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShesALady
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 8:58 PM
Oh wow I've never heard of a baby lactating. How nuts! I hope everything turns out ok.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
itzmyzoo
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:00 PM
2 of my boys had this.

Quoting KAIandKYNZmommy:

There was a post like this like a year ago. I believe it ended up being breast milk, like the baby lactating (yes I'm serious) dr said it was normal, except her baby was actually leaking milk from its breast, the dr told her it could dry up and cause knots. (as you explained) I think they gave it medication to dry up the process. (I say it bc I can't remember boy or girl) good luck, hope it's something simple.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)