Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Our poor toilets...........

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 3:49 PM
  • 19 Replies

For the longest time, we have had problems with our hall bathroom. We think someone stuck something in the toilet that got flushed. Now, every 2-3 times the toilet is used, it gets stopped up. We had to buy a new plunger to fix it..........this system works, but is very annoying. At least we had the master bath, right? Nope............DS2 just told me he accidentally flushed his underwear down our toilet. Now it's stopped up, too. We already needed a new one; now we may need two. DH is piiiiisssseeeedddd. I texted to warn him, since he hates 'surprises' when he gets home, and he just said to leave it alone 'til he gets home, and that he can't talk anymore because he's too mad. I should add that the kids have a habit of breaking things. Most are fixable and not a big deal, but my poor DH is fed up with things breaking around our house. Sigh. 

ETA: He just texted me to say, "Pick me up from work. I'm sorry I overreacted. I know it was an accident." Love someone who can own up to that. :)

by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 3:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
25beengoodtome
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 3:55 PM

Sounds like you have a REAL MAN in your home and life ! 

shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 3:57 PM

get a snake...I have a sn child that thinks the toilet is the best place to put things he doesnt want me to find out he is messing with...he has flushed underwear,a disposable diaper a brand new role of toilet paper,cars, small toys...the snake has saved his life,lol

Momtogirls0823
by Gold Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 4:41 PM

Oh man that sucks.  I hope the snake that shivasgirl mentioned can help you!  I am glad, however, that your dh is being so nice about it.  Actually, he sounds a lot like my dh!  He also doesn't like surprises and would probably get mad at first and then call to say he's sorry.  Good luck and I hope you can get the toilets fixed!  

avonleafan
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 4:48 PM

Sorry, but were you being sarcastic? Never know on CM, lol. :)

Quoting 25beengoodtome:

Sounds like you have a REAL MAN in your home and life ! 

avonleafan
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 4:50 PM

Thank you. :) He said he's gotta buy an auger (sp?), whatever that is, lol. Can you tell I am mechanically challenged? I am glad DH is around to fix these things. I'd have to hire someone, lol.

Quoting Momtogirls0823:

Oh man that sucks.  I hope the snake that shivasgirl mentioned can help you!  I am glad, however, that your dh is being so nice about it.  Actually, he sounds a lot like my dh!  He also doesn't like surprises and would probably get mad at first and then call to say he's sorry.  Good luck and I hope you can get the toilets fixed!  

avonleafan
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 4:54 PM

Lol. If I wasn't deathly afraid of snakes that'd work. :) I won't even let the kids play in the backyard if the grass is too high, 'cuz I'm afraid of them hiding out there. DH said the dog would let us know if there was one, but still.....not good enough for me. 

Quoting shivasgirl:

get a snake...I have a sn child that thinks the toilet is the best place to put things he doesnt want me to find out he is messing with...he has flushed underwear,a disposable diaper a brand new role of toilet paper,cars, small toys...the snake has saved his life,lol

shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 5:09 PM
2 moms liked this

lol,no,a drain or toilet snake...

Quoting avonleafan:

Lol. If I wasn't deathly afraid of snakes that'd work. :) I won't even let the kids play in the backyard if the grass is too high, 'cuz I'm afraid of them hiding out there. DH said the dog would let us know if there was one, but still.....not good enough for me. 

Quoting shivasgirl:

prdmomnarmywife
by Gold Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 5:12 PM
Get a snake ??new toilet will do no good , it's in the drain not the toilet ... If my son started breaking things constantly or putting things in the toilet he would be in so much trouble !!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
avonleafan
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 5:53 PM

LOL! Oops! I've got "Mommy brain" today, lol. Yeah, we're stopping by the store later to get something. 

Quoting shivasgirl:

lol,no,a drain or toilet snake...

Quoting avonleafan:

Quoting shivasgirl:

ninja_squirrel
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 5:56 PM
I broke our toilet with my poo once. dh laughed so hard then fixed it lol.

my lil bro flushed a whole orange and it cost my parents like $250 to get it out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)