Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Maybe their parents didnt expect a child molestor..

Posted by   + Show Post

to be at the pool. Says my Grandma after she read how a female born in 2003 got molested at the pool by a creepy guy who should have never of been there in the first place!  My Grandpa some how knows this guy, hes 24, and asked me if Id hire him to mow my yard! HE IS A CREEP!NO! 

so now we just find out about the swimming pool incident that happened the day I took my kids swimming.

I was telling Grandma how there were 7-8-9 year old girls (some in swim suits that barely covered them!) from my daughters class and I couldnt believe their parents were okay with dropping them off and leaving them there all day!  She said "Well maybe they didntknow a a child molestor would be there" 

HELLLLO its 2012, in order to protect our children, we need to expect them to be ANYWHERE! 

by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 5:28 PM
Replies (41-50):
Simply_Janeen
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 9:58 AM

It is amazing how times have changed since I was a kid. My sister and I used to go to the pool by ourselves. We would bike there by ourselves without helmets to the pool and spend hours there. I was ten and she was 5. NO WAY would I do that with my girls, things have changed so much in the last 20 years. And you know, it's not just the grown men you have to worry about, I can't even let my daughter play outside by herself because there are boys HER AGE kissing her! Oh no way! She's six and WAY too young for that stuff! When she told me that, I had no choice but to keep her inside which really sucks for her. It's only been since this new family moved in to our complex too and the parents don't watch their kids at all, I had one of the kids at our window last night at around 9PM, I told him to GO HOME! Yeah, another boy! Parents aren't out watching where their kids at or what they're doing. It's sad because kids need to get out and run around and play and socialize but it's not safe anymore.

yayay15
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 10:00 AM
I was walking to the pool and swimming with no parents when I was 8. It's crazy. First of all, I enjoy doing those things and that's too young. There's no reason I couldn't stay there with them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GirlWithANikon
by Silver Member on Jun. 22, 2012 at 10:02 AM

I agree with you. Grandmas are from a different time I guess though. Its not the same now.

Rose87
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 10:08 AM
1 mom liked this

This

Quoting BamaMommy2:

I agree with you. Obviously, we can't predict when and where the creepers will show up, that's why we HAVE TO take precautions with our children.

And this is also why I am against revealing bathing suits for children. Two piece string bikinis for little girls or padded bikini tops for little girls is a serious WTF moment..

Momtogirls0823
by Gold Member on Jun. 22, 2012 at 10:09 AM

I agree.  Also, it's not like they're going to have a sign around their necks stating the fact!  They could be anywhere these days!  Actually, a public pool sounds like somewhere a molester would be more likely to hang out.  I know that's really creepy but it seems likely you know? 

JenMarie87
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 10:14 AM

This. And I would NEVER leave my young child alone at a pool anyway! That is crazy! When I was about 8 years old my mom would drop me off at the pool and leave. Looking back on that, wow... my mom was nuts. lol. There is no way in hell I would do that.

Quoting BamaMommy2:

I agree with you. Obviously, we can't predict when and where the creepers will show up, that's why we HAVE TO take precautions with our children.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

vgmz22
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 10:29 AM

Well usually the way a court order goes a child molester is not suppose to come within a specific amount of yards of children or a place where children get together. So those parents were right in thinking their children would be Okay. Yes maybe they shouldn't have left their girls there alone but It's pervs like the child molester that break the law and do what they want anyway. The only way I would blame the parents is if they knew the molester was there and they knew he was a child molester and they decided to leave their child anyway.

Mommyof2n0308
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 10:32 AM

OMG this is a featured post!!

Okay to set things straight..

When I was 8 so in 94, 94. My Grandma would come home from lunch and take my cousins and I to the pool every day, we would stay there until close and for swim team. BY OURSELVES. 

I totally disgaree with that in this day and age. There are plenty of things we should watch out for, pool safety, other kids being bullies, other kids playing too rough in the water, and child molesters.

We are in a small community, so pretty  much everyone at the pool we know, unless something is happening in town and there are out of towners, which isnt very often.  Life guards ARE NOT baby sitters, and I agree with everyone. I never implied that it was okay to drop your kids off even if there were no  child molesters.

There are no specific child molesters in general. They get a trigger and aim for their victim.  Yes statistics say this or that, but that does not mean it will not happen. This girl got molested and hes not in her family or even a friend of the family.  I dont know what happened.

But I do know there was a 15 year old kid last year that ended up getting kicked out because hed be grabbing little girls under water and pushing it off as "ohh it was an accident sorry" after consistent complaints he was kicked out.  Its easier to get away with at the pool because they can say that. 

If I see someone I dont get a good vibe from DD stays right by my side.  Its all about using precautions, and your instinct. If ANY adult became friendly with my kids and wanted to hang out with them thats a red flag. My worst fear is for me to over look someone and let this happen. I am leary of ANY MAN around my DD. 

One of my cousins married this guy, and right away i got a instict, he was a WEIRDO. I immediatley removed DD From the situation, opened my mouth to everyone else around, and they all agreed with me. I wanted to go punch him in the face.  I will no longer go to any family functions if he is there, and they know that! Next time I see a chld there alone, I will bring it to the managers attention (which wont be hard because she is a friend of mine) I will also casually bring it up anytime I see someone Im not comfortable with, so that there are more people keeping an eye out then just me.

Mommyof2n0308
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 10:33 AM

Quoting vgmz22:

Well usually the way a court order goes a child molester is not suppose to come within a specific amount of yards of children or a place where children get together. So those parents were right in thinking their children would be Okay. Yes maybe they shouldn't have left their girls there alone but It's pervs like the child molester that break the law and do what they want anyway. The only way I would blame the parents is if they knew the molester was there and they knew he was a child molester and they decided to leave their child anyway.

Absolutely NOT! Just because they arent a convicted child molester does not mean they are not one!!!!! 

sparklebug86
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 10:38 AM
1 mom liked this

Finally someone else gets it! 

In this day and age, you have to expect that they are the person in line in front of you at the store, maybe the guy sitting next to you at mcdonalds etc etc..... I try not to be overprotective but, Im not very trusting since having children. I would never leave my child with a stranger or just at the pool, or drop them off at the mall or anything like that

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN