Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

MY FLOWERS HAD TO DIE FOR THIS, UGH! UPDATE:)

Posted by   + Show Post

JK:)

Look what I found in my one hanging basket. Sadly I only found it bc my DH hit his head on the basket & out fell an egg:(  But if he hadn't I would've watered them & drowned out the nest, so at least 4 babies are saved:)

This pic was taken yesterday when we found them.

I checked today & this is what I found. Soon we will have 4 chirping baby birds right on our back porch:)

All 4 eggs have finally hatched, I was starting to worry.  I am so glad & they all seem to be doing well & mama is always in & out of the next & is never far away:)

by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 11:33 AM
Replies (41-50):
CABZS
by Ruby Member on Jun. 22, 2012 at 1:04 PM

Quoting .Diddles.:

Aww, hope Momma doesn't get angry, lol. That birdie is so ugly it's cute!!
What an awesome find :) great pictures!

Mama bird just gave me a heart attack!lol

I walked out to talk to my SIL on the phone (I have crap reception in my house) & before I did tried to make sure the parent birds weren't in the nest.  I saw nothing, well she must hide very well bc I go out & start to walk past & she flies out.  Didn't attack me but bc it is so low she almost flew into my head!lol

rosemagic01
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 1:05 PM

Yuck! Baby birds creep me out. Is that weird? LOL. Pretty when they get real feathers though.

CABZS
by Ruby Member on Jun. 22, 2012 at 1:12 PM

Quoting rosemagic01:

Yuck! Baby birds creep me out. Is that weird? LOL. Pretty when they get real feathers though.

Not weird, they are weird looking.

But I love nature, even the creepy stuff.

Well aside from spiders, I could do w/o them!

.Diddles.
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 1:23 PM
Lol, I've been there before. They can be mean!

My mom has hummingbirds that dive at you on purpose many times lol.

Quoting CABZS:

Quoting .Diddles.:

Aww, hope Momma doesn't get angry, lol. That birdie is so ugly it's cute!!
What an awesome find :) great pictures!

Mama bird just gave me a heart attack!lol

I walked out to talk to my SIL on the phone (I have crap reception in my house) & before I did tried to make sure the parent birds weren't in the nest.  I saw nothing, well she must hide very well bc I go out & start to walk past & she flies out.  Didn't attack me but bc it is so low she almost flew into my head!lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MunchiesMom324
by Silver Member on Jun. 22, 2012 at 2:32 PM

OMG its so ugly its cute!

CABZS
by Ruby Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 7:48 PM

BUMP FOR NEW PIC

AdensMommy1107
by what's my rank? on Jun. 25, 2012 at 7:58 PM
They are so ugly they are cute, lol. Adorable! That's so freaking awesome though
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CABZS
by Ruby Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 8:08 PM

LOL!

It has been a great learning experience for little neighbor kids.  They all want to touch them so I am glad I get to teach them why you shouldn't touch them.

They are all down at least once a day to see them, I am glad they get to watch them grow.

I'm just worried, we are leaving for a week on July 5th, I have a lock on my gate so hopefully no one will climb it & disturb them.

I will be sad if we come back & the babies are gone:(  I want to see them learn how to fly:)

Quoting AdensMommy1107:

They are so ugly they are cute, lol. Adorable! That's so freaking awesome though

singlemom1208
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 8:09 PM
That is so awesome!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyx333
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 8:09 PM

aww they are so cute

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)