Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

MY FLOWERS HAD TO DIE FOR THIS, UGH! UPDATE:)

Posted by   + Show Post

JK:)

Look what I found in my one hanging basket. Sadly I only found it bc my DH hit his head on the basket & out fell an egg:(  But if he hadn't I would've watered them & drowned out the nest, so at least 4 babies are saved:)

This pic was taken yesterday when we found them.

I checked today & this is what I found. Soon we will have 4 chirping baby birds right on our back porch:)

All 4 eggs have finally hatched, I was starting to worry.  I am so glad & they all seem to be doing well & mama is always in & out of the next & is never far away:)

by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 11:33 AM
Replies (91-94):
momof2boy2girl
by Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 9:13 PM

Oh, I should have clarified., I was agreeing with you. I know an older woman (She wasn't mean) that would smack them with a shovel to "save" them from starving to death. I mean, I guess her heart was in the right place, and I grew up hearing that myth. I am glad I learned otherwise.

Quoting CABZS:

I already know this.  I even told that to someone at the beginning of the post.

I teach them not to touch & to respect nature.  I teach them to not touch bc you can hurt them, they are extremely small & fragile, nothing but bone & skin right now & some of their bones are hollow making them more fragile.

Quoting momof2boy2girl:

Quoting CABZS:

Awe, I think it is cute:)

Birds don't come out looking the best, they have no feathers yet so they are pretty naked, lol.  And their heads are so very small their eyes look a little buggy.

I've only ever seen brand new baby birds in pictures, so I am absolutely amazed & my kids are so excited.

They know not to touch them.

Though just throwing a bit of info out, touching them will not make mama bird or any other mama animal not want to care for her young anymore, it is a myth.

I teach them to not touch though bc I don't want to hurt them & bc of germs.

Quoting BamaMommy2:

That baby birdie is ugly! LOL :)  That's awesome though.

I am constantly telling people this lol.

BeAmour
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 9:14 PM
Awwww!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dreamerinluv
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 9:16 PM

How perfectly awsome !!!

lwalker270
by Lara on Jun. 25, 2012 at 9:18 PM

We had some babies this year too and something got them :(

They're adorable!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)