Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

He killed it right in front of me, I didn't even have time to act

Posted by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 4:32 PM
  • 240 Replies
2 moms liked this

I'm so sad. I love animals. I understand the circle of life and I don't care one bit when a Eagle swoops down and grabs a bunny. I do get upset when a car hits a duck or some one's stupid out door cat rips the head off a baby bird and disembowels it leaving it in my yard. I moved in about a year and a half ago. I always saw a chipmunk run across the street a few houses down. I love chipmunks and they are so quick and not that common around here, I barely get to see them. I've made my yard very animal friendly at this point and I was very excited to see that the chipmunk had built a little home under the foundation of my porch. Now he would spend an hour just eating in my lawn and he didn't have far to run home. Sometimes he would still run over from the bench down the street where he originally lived, but my house was his primary residence. Well I grabbed my laptop and sat on my front porch to blog. The little guy sometimes runs across my porch and freaks when he sees me here. He came up on the porch, then left, then came back when all of a sudden, fast as lightning I saw something run in front of me and I heard the chipmunk squeak! It's a damn cat. I get up and chase it but it's too late. The stupid cat killed my fucking chipmunk. I'm so upset. He probably won't even eat it, just kill it and leave it on the sidewalk somewhere. 

RIP Buzz. :(

Photobucket   Photobucket

Be kind to me or treat me mean, I'll make the most of it I'm an extraordinary machine.

by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 4:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mackQuin
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 4:34 PM
That drives me nuts. Be prepared for those who let their cats out to call you out on its just their nature..

Sorry. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Velasquez
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 4:34 PM
2 moms liked this
Awe that sucks. Stupid cats,I hate them. They are always knocking down bird nests at my moms.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
longhorngal
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 4:35 PM

that would upset me, too

KitschyGirl
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 4:36 PM

Let them. It's stupid. I found a dead baby bunny on the sidewalk last night covered in ants. I have no problem with wild animals eating other animals, but cats killing for sport pisses me off. 

Quoting mackQuin:

That drives me nuts. Be prepared for those who let their cats out to call you out on its just their nature..

Photobucket   Photobucket

Be kind to me or treat me mean, I'll make the most of it I'm an extraordinary machine.

hope_love_dream
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 4:36 PM

=( poor buzz

mom_dl6
by Platinum Member on Jun. 22, 2012 at 4:37 PM

So sorry for your loss and if the cat swooped it up like that it will prob. get ate but cats are cats so who knows...The circle of life !

mackQuin
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 4:37 PM
I got made fun of on here because I hold similar views. LOL

Quoting KitschyGirl:

Let them. It's stupid. I found a dead baby bunny on the sidewalk last night covered in ants. I have no problem with wild animals eating other animals, but cats killing for sport pisses me off. 

Quoting mackQuin:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
strontium
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 4:38 PM

=( I love chipmunks =(

One time after a bad storm, a nest with baby birds got knocked out of our tree, still attached to the branch... so we were going to pick up the branch and kinda put it back in the tree... we noticed mama bird dancing around and freaking out, all of a sudden a huge hawk swoops down and grabs the babies as mama bird was trying to protects them =( 

GirlWithANikon
by Silver Member on Jun. 22, 2012 at 4:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I hate cats. Partly because in our area the owners think they are all outside pets. No, thats called a wild animal,  keep it off my stuff, out of my way, stop it from killing things and spreading disease, fleas, and kittens!

wulfeyes05
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 4:39 PM
2 moms liked this

Meh, cats eat rodenst and other small animals it happens. My mom had a cat that brought her a live bunny well my took the bunny and let it go, the next day the cat had brought the bunny back alive once again my mom released it. The next day my mom went out onto our porch and said bunny was ripped in half. Her cat really wanted her to keep it dead or alive. And it is just in their nature to hunt other animals. They stalk, they pounce, they eat. As Rob Schneider would say, "It's a circle it never ends."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN