See what CafeMoms are saying about saving time this holiday season..
CafeMom is excited to announce a way we're featuring many of our terrific moms. We just launched a new "Mom of the Day" area. Selected moms will respond to our "Mom of the Day" interview questions, and their interviews will then be posted in the group that they spend the most time in.
1. What has been your defining moment as a mom so far?
I have to name one? Well it's not that easy to give one defining moment. I would say seeing my child for the first time the day they were born, there's nothing more amazing then meeting your baby that very first second knowing that this person will be someone I will love eternally.
2. What group do you most frequently hang out in on CafeMom?
Newcomer's first, The Cafe, and 40ish and beyond.
3. What do you like most about CafeMom?
Communicating with moms worldwide, I love the variety of opinions! I am at times amazed at some things I've read on here, I guess people will always amaze me!
4. A mom's spare time is precious (if it exists at all!). How do you spend yours? (Aside from on CafeMom, of course.)
I'm a huge history buff. I love to visit local historical locations, for example Fort Mchenry in Baltimore, and Washington DC. I take my children also to the local art galleries and ethnic festivals.
5. What are your favorites:
Book: Anything by Stephen King, but I'd have to choose The Stand.
Movie: Gone With The Wind
Song: Imagine, by John Lennon
Food: Filet Mingon/Maryland steamed crabs
Place to travel to: Key West, Nassau Bahamas, Catalina Island
6. Which celebrity mom would you most like to hang out with, and why?
Carol Burnett, I never missed her show when I was a child. My mother loved her, and I can still remember the tears rolling down her face from laughing so hard. Her oldest child would have been the same age as me, but she passed away from cancer at the age of 38. I would want to know how she can continue to make people laugh while mourning a child.
7. If you could give a new mom one piece of advice, what would it be?
Don't let other mothers intimidate you about what your child is not doing but their child is. Being a mother requires 100% on the job training, we make mistakes. Always remember, there's no substitute for love!
8. If you had to choose, what single word best sums you up?
9. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? And if you work, what's your job?
I honestly can't remember. I just know I was a very imaginative child. I am currently working on my bachelor's degree in special education.
10. If you could trade places with any one person for a day, who would it be?
My son Aaron, to see the world through his eyes being autistic. I just want to know how and why he processes information. Maybe I would be able to understand him better.
Now answer her question for YOU:
Why is Pepto-Bismol pink? Wouldn't it be more appealing if it was purple?