Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

PRIDE vent.

Posted by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 6:30 PM
  • 30 Replies

Okay so it didn't completely suck, it was OKAY... but last year it was WAY better.

This year, VERRRY vulgar. I was not impressed. Margaret Cho is HILARIOUS but I did not realize she was going to say "dick" and "pussy" a dozen times in 2 minutes, nor did I realize she was going to light up some weed on stage. We were simply walking through the Pride event, not specifically there to see her, but of course we had to hear what she was saying.

They say the event is kid friendly, and it was last year... but this year it wasn't. :( The girls still had fun, and luckily the younger two didn't even flinch when they heard those words because they've NEVER heard them, so they were JUST words... but still. 

So disappointed. :( No wonder the church folks are like "those gay people are perverted"... NOT all of us are.

by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 6:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
briellesmomma
by Gold Member on Jun. 23, 2012 at 6:32 PM
I didnt know she was gay. Our Pride is tomorrow. My sister is going. I never go to Pride. Too much going on in NYC. Hell nah.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happymommy1105
by Platinum Member on Jun. 23, 2012 at 6:32 PM
Sorry that it wasn't what you expected. I wouldn't consider that speaker kid friendly either.

My six year old would have had lots of questions!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
randomosityblog
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 6:33 PM

Quoting happymommy1105:

Sorry that it wasn't what you expected. I wouldn't consider that speaker kid friendly either.

My six year old would have had lots of questions!

My 10 year old looked at me like umm I don't think I should be hearing this! LOL And the other two were completely oblivious. I was pissed, we booked it out of there as quickly as possible. Last year I remember it being decent, so I'm not sure what happened. Maybe we went on the wrong day. We are going back tomorrow to be in the parade.

randomosityblog
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 6:34 PM

Quoting briellesmomma:

I didnt know she was gay. Our Pride is tomorrow. My sister is going. I never go to Pride. Too much going on in NYC. Hell nah.

I heard she was bi. Not sure, but she was talking about pussy a LOT.. and said something about letting some chick sit on her face lmao. I would love to see pride in NYC but I wouldn't take the kids!

jimi2626
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 6:35 PM
I live in Denver and our "kid friendly" day was a blast!! My 5 yr old loved it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
randomosityblog

Quoting jimi2626:

I live in Denver and our "kid friendly" day was a blast!! My 5 yr old loved it.

At Pride?

AjCeCeMom
Yeah, she's filthy that one. Not kid friendly AT ALL.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
randomosityblog
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 6:36 PM

Quoting AjCeCeMom:

Yeah, she's filthy that one. Not kid friendly AT ALL.

There was some little person on before her, and they were both asking the audience for weed. Apparently every gay person besides me and Rach smoke because they handed them a TON... lol

briellesmomma
by Gold Member on Jun. 23, 2012 at 6:36 PM
1 mom liked this
You wouldnt be able too lol. Our pride is extreme. I love the energy though!

But we have 365 pride in the East Village. Ive never been but Ive heard its the spot for LGBTs.

Quoting randomosityblog:

Quoting briellesmomma:

I heard she was bi. Not sure, but she was talking about pussy a LOT.. and said something about letting some chick sit on her face lmao. I would love to see pride in NYC but I wouldn't take the kids!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kustomkidz
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 6:37 PM
What city are you in?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN