Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

if your 16 year old daughters boyfriend posted this on her fb...... edit and update in red

Posted by   + Show Post

What would you think?

I posted about me having a crappy night, somewhat because of this.. but wanted to make it a different subject.

So even though I put why I posted this in some of the replies, Ill just put it in here as well.

I asked because even though I thought my sisters boyfriend was decent, I seen signs of him being controlling when she came to visit me. He would text her calling her a whore if she didnt answer, call her friends phone (her bff came up with her) called my moms phone, and would be screaming to pick up her phone.My Mom just brushed it off and kept calling him a jerk. Then he posted this.

Yesterday my sister called me bauling saying she broke up with him, even though she didnt want to he did something, that she wouldnt tell me, and knew it had to be done. She says he is constantly screwing other girls and cheating on her, then accuses her of cheating on him, when she isnt even"allowed" to go anywhere.

She begged me to come down ASAP because she was soooo upset and wanted me there bc our other sister just isnt as supportive as I am. Wwe were planning on a trip down next week anyways. So Ive been running around all day getting crap done so we can prepare for a 2 week trip down there. I told her I was proud of her for sticking up for herself, and told her wed go get a pedicure while we were down there.. just her and I and spend the day together.    Yeah, well Ive been busting my ass for nothing, because they are back together now. Im kind of diappointed in her, and I dont even know what to do. Im just tired of being there for her when she needs me, but the second things are "okay" with her boyfriend" I fall off the face of the earth again. Now I know how my family felt when I was with an abusive dbag!

by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 11:11 PM
Replies (141-150):
Mommyof2n0308
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 5:29 PM

Quoting inspain:

He sounds, along with being an ignorant, illiterate, knuckle-dragger, like he's dangerous. 

If she were my sister or my friend, I'd warn her that he's a loser.  If she were my kid, I'd tell her he needs to be history and I'd consider his post a threat and save a screenshot of it.

Im so sick of everyone saying "well one day she will leave" UGH lets hope that one day she decides to leave is before he beats her (if he hasnt already!!) and before he gets her pregnant!!!!!!!!!

I had never told any of my family this before.. ever.. but when she told me she broke up with him I was soo proud of her for doing what I didnt do until I was 21. My ex beat me, he raped me, and I never decided to leave until the ONE time he pushed me through the door where DD was sitting on the couch, and I flew across the floor. I left, came back and that night he raped me... then as I layed in bed and cried (while his mom was in the other room!!!) he had a bunch of friends come over, including girls, took our new truck out for a drunken joy ride and wrecked it. I got up that morning calling women shelters everywhere and I left!  I didnt go into that much detail with my sister, but I said "Ive been there, I know its hard to leave, J beat me, and it wasnt until Gab seen it herself that I knew it was time to leave for good"  

and now she disregarded all of that, and is back with the m effer!

Mommyof2n0308
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 5:42 PM

Quoting mama_desi:

I would if my daughter,sister,even mother was in a relationship like that make them see the truth. The abuse only begins there and will sooner or later become physical. I would do everything I'm my power to get them apart.

Im trying. I jsut dont know how. For me being in a situation A LOT worse than this, it took thinking about my DDs future to realize it wasnt right, thankfully she doesnt have a DD, or even a DS *whew* so I dont know where to beging. Hopefully I can just talk to her when Im there and through out the 2 weeks make her think more about it.

She just posted on facebook this:

"To every that is mad at me for being with Aaron, I'm sorry if it doesn't make you happy. And I'm sorry if I've disapointed you. But Aaron.is my bestfriend nd Maybe I like spending a lot of.time with him."

and I replied

There is nothing I can say that will change your mind. Just know you are my baby sister no matter what, and anyone who can not treat you with 100% respect 100% of the time does not ever deserve you. No man is worth your tears, and the one who is, wont make you cry. I love you and Im here for you no matter what.

I spent a good 20 minutes trying to think of what to say. What was facebook appropriate and what not.  Just a terrible situation. Im glad Im a grown woman, and smarter now! lol

onethentwins
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 5:57 PM

I'd worry that her bf was controlling and abusive and I've have a talk with her about it.

zebbyzebby06
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 6:01 PM
May still go and spend the time with her she could still use it. Alos help her to get out NOW before thinga get worse.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom_dl6
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 6:22 PM

Um i'd  talk to his parents

and they would no longer be dating PERIOD!!

Controlling someone always leads to abuse !

Mommyof2n0308
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 6:24 PM

Quoting mom_dl6:

I would to.. I have thought about it..... still thinking about it lol

mom_dl6
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 6:27 PM

You should i hope all ends well !

Quoting Mommyof2n0308:

Quoting mom_dl6:

I would to.. I have thought about it..... still thinking about it lol

kaysha
by Gold Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 6:29 PM
http://www.heart-2-heart.ca/women/page5.htm
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2Addison12
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 6:31 PM

sounds like my ex.

mama_desi
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 10:37 PM
I was in a relationship where it started as conrolling then it was verbal then one day ended in the hospital. Bring to her attention that if he loved her and really cared he wouldn't be this man "boy" that doesn't care about what she wants. Don't push the subject because that will just make her rebel but try to talk to her about him. Now don't talk negative but ask about him her relationship,ect. Once she hears herself describing the true relationship she might just start thinking and realize what's going on. DON'T let him keep you away from her that is about the biggest red flag. Also don't right and tell her to do but try and slowly guide her to make the right choice.

Quoting Mommyof2n0308:

Quoting mama_desi:

I would if my daughter,sister,even mother was in a relationship like that make them see the truth. The abuse only begins there and will sooner or later become physical. I would do everything I'm my power to get them apart.

Im trying. I jsut dont know how. For me being in a situation A LOT worse than this, it took thinking about my DDs future to realize it wasnt right, thankfully she doesnt have a DD, or even a DS *whew* so I dont know where to beging. Hopefully I can just talk to her when Im there and through out the 2 weeks make her think more about it.

She just posted on facebook this:

"To every that is mad at me for being with Aaron, I'm sorry if it doesn't make you happy. And I'm sorry if I've disapointed you. But Aaron.is my bestfriend nd Maybe I like spending a lot of.time with him."

and I replied

There is nothing I can say that will change your mind. Just know you are my baby sister no matter what, and anyone who can not treat you with 100% respect 100% of the time does not ever deserve you. No man is worth your tears, and the one who is, wont make you cry. I love you and Im here for you no matter what.

I spent a good 20 minutes trying to think of what to say. What was facebook appropriate and what not.  Just a terrible situation. Im glad Im a grown woman, and smarter now! lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)