Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

WTF DH REALLY?? UPDATE!!!! 7/2

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 9:08 AM
  • 38 Replies

UPDATE 7/2

WELL NOTHING HAPPENED TO HIM. HE HAS ONE MORE DAY AND THEN HE HAS VACATION FOR A WHOLE WEEK!! YAY!!! ANYWAYS HE MADE HIS FACEBOOK PAGE PRIVATE WHERE NOBODY FROM WORK CAN SEE HIS POSTING. STILL THINK HIM GETTING YELLED AT FOR SAYING HE JUST WATCHED SOMEONE COMMIT CARREER SUCIDE IS STUPID. AGAIN NO VIDEO WAS POSTED, NO NAMES WAS MENTIONED AND NO LINKS PROVIDE. LIVE AND LEARN I GUESS

I love my DH and quite honestly I dont know if I should be angry at him or not. DH works as a master control for a news station and he seen a streaker on a news clip on this station. he posted about it on facebook (he did not mention any names at all) all he said is that he just watched someone commit career sucide and that there was a streaker (naked guy). someone down in the newsroom seen the posting and got all pissy about it and his boss said that he didnt know if he could protect him from the higher ups. DH has never really gotten in trouble and he deleted the posting as soon as he could. he is quite shaken that he might lose his job over this.

by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 9:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
silverdawn99
by Jamie on Jun. 24, 2012 at 9:14 AM

BUMP!

silverdawn99
by Jamie on Jun. 24, 2012 at 9:18 AM

BUMP!

ff-princess
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 9:25 AM

I'm not quite sure I understand from your post why he would need protection from the "higher ups"?  did he post a copy of the film itself or was it of a co-worker or breaking news or something? 

Ijstwnt2Palone
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 9:27 AM
1 mom liked this
If he didn't post the actual clip.. I wouldn't be worried. I would refrain from any work related posts in the future.. and coworkers as friends on FB usually turns out bad... unless your close with someone you work with.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mes_deux_amours
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 9:28 AM

he should make his facie more private and not add coworkers.

Hopefully, he will just get a slap on the wrist.

1plustwinsmommy
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2012 at 9:29 AM
Hope everything works out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
singletiredmom
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 9:29 AM
Even if they had a Social Networking policy I'm not sure they would or should terminate. He may get a slap on the wrist. IMO.....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
silverdawn99
by Jamie on Jun. 24, 2012 at 9:29 AM

he did email the video to a couple of people (but its not anything you didnt see on the news LOL) but he didnt make the video public on facebook

Quoting ff-princess:

I'm not quite sure I understand from your post why he would need protection from the "higher ups"?  did he post a copy of the film itself or was it of a co-worker or breaking news or something? 

silverdawn99
by Jamie on Jun. 24, 2012 at 9:31 AM

i dont think they will either but he is stressing out really bad about it. No one really wants the hours he has

Quoting singletiredmom:

Even if they had a Social Networking policy I'm not sure they would or should terminate. He may get a slap on the wrist. IMO.....

Sunshine2plus2
by Sunshine on Jun. 24, 2012 at 9:33 AM
I would not worry. I see nothing he has done wrong. Must learn never to post about work and do not add Co workers to your personal page.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN