Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

She isn't grasping why i wont let her go.....yet.

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 12:27 PM
  • 8 Replies

My 10 yr old DD , is still in school (last day is friday).

One of her friends "J" is moving at the end of the month to a different city , and DD has been asking me since last week if she can go to her house for a play date before she leaves. 

I keep explaining to DD that i would say yes , however her parents have to call me first. 

I never bump into them at the school, because DD is in an after school program until 5 , and J is not. 

I know her parents ...J has been to my house many times for bday parties and sleep over's ...however i do not know her phone number. 

I have told DD that she needs to get J to get her parents to call me , and then i would have NO problem

DD's argument is "but mom you already know her parents!" ..yup i do ...however , i do not know where they live and i need to know if it is ok with the parents if DD goes over there or not lol. That is the part she does not seem to grasp.

DD asked to skip the afterschool program today , i said sure ...when she comes home at 3 ..she usually walks home by herself, but i think im going to go to the school for 3 ..so i can talk to J's parents and try to set up something before they leave the city...

It just make's me laugh ...because no matter how many times i explain the situation ..DD is so consumed with the fact that i know the parent's already..she isn't seeing the big picture lol.

by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 12:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
skittlebeans88
by Traci on Jun. 25, 2012 at 12:30 PM
Id do the same thing you are. Gotta know where your little girl will be! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RobinBright
by Gold Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 12:32 PM
She doesn't know her friend's phone number?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marinesweetie
by Gold Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 12:32 PM
I dont blame you. If its really that important to her why cant her friend come to your house?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kcook55
by Platinum Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 12:32 PM

i would do the same thing as you i want to know where my child is at all times

Two_Hearts
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 12:33 PM

Quoting RobinBright:

She doesn't know her friend's phone number?

No ...and i dont think its clicked in for her to get the friends phone number lol.

MsMellyMc
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 12:33 PM

Kids!  lol

I'm with you though, my son gets so irritated w/me b/c I ask so many questions about he parents of his friends and where they will be etc etc.  But I have to protect my own.  :)

Two_Hearts
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 12:34 PM

she would be more than welcomed to come to my house ...that is not a problem, i love J she is a very respectable little girl. 

however ...it's still the same ...i would still need to talk to the parents lol.

Quoting marinesweetie:

I dont blame you. If its really that important to her why cant her friend come to your house?

marinesweetie
by Gold Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 12:35 PM
I understand that. Ds is still a bit young for me to worry about this type of situation. Because when hes not with me hes with my stepmom or my aunt.

Quoting Two_Hearts:

she would be more than welcomed to come to my house ...that is not a problem, i love J she is a very respectable little girl. 

however ...it's still the same ...i would still need to talk to the parents lol.

Quoting marinesweetie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN