Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Working 16 hours a week but getting paid for forty?!?!

Posted by   + Show Post
I got a offer for a new position(at the same place I have been working) today to work 16 hours every weekend(2/ 8hr nights) and get paid for 40!!! I now pick up most weekends anyways so it works out and I can have a weekend off every 6 weeks if u choose. I told my mil and she just said "no wonder the health care system is so broke"! It really irritates me and ruined my good mood!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 4:32 PM
Replies (11-20):
cdi
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 4:37 PM
What they do is take my hourly wage times 40 hours then divide it out to 16 hours. So my $24/hr is $60/hr but if I call off one day during the weekend I just get my normal wage

Quoting krayzbabylove:

I have to agree with your mother in law. You shouldn't be paid for hours you aren't working.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LittleBirdFly
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 4:37 PM

so you got payed too much? Or is that whta you get payed? work 16 and get payed for 40?

cdi
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 4:37 PM
I am a nurse

Quoting pamelax3:

That is great congrats.. What kind of position is it?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Katenemsmom
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 4:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Your mil is right. If they want to pay you x dollars a week then pay that wage. Don't call it something else.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom_dl6
by Platinum Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 4:38 PM

Yeah that seems shady !

Quoting krayzbabylove:

I have to agree with your mother in law. You shouldn't be paid for hours you aren't working.

cdi
I guess you didn't read the post

Quoting LittleBirdFly:

so you got payed too much? I would be careful and talk to you company? Because once they find it out what was going on maybe they will withhold some of you furtir pay or simething like that

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WildCat73

If you are working weekends I see the overtime thing.

Beauty91805
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 4:39 PM
If you don't want it ill take it lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aj23
by Gold Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 4:42 PM

Take it and tell her to shove it. If they are paying that much then there is a reason for it. I'm sure the weekend shifts are much busier and harder which would justify the higher pay.

krayzbabylove
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 4:42 PM
Thinking it is wrong to pay for hours that aren't worked does not equal begrudging them.

Quoting JustCJ:

I get what you and op's mil are saying but I don't begrudge someone good fortune. This is exactly why I am getting in the healthcare field, even with perks like this, they can't keep nurses etc.

Quoting krayzbabylove:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)