Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

So Serious question, WWYD?*Added info

Posted by   + Show Post

So DD2 is 5 months. She has heart block. Her heart beats 50-70bpm. She will need a pace maker. It will act as her AV node (hers is broken).

So Today I meet with an EP. He is a pacing doctor. He strongly recommended that we get the pace maker this summer. But left it up to me when this summer.

She has an enlarged heart due to her heart beating so slowly.

She has abnormal EKG's

She has been dxed with FTT(failure to thrive).

When would you get it done?

She acts like a normal baby. I also have no problem with her getting the pacemaker. It just when I should schedule her for one.

*So adding a bit of information.

-I never said I wasn't going to get the procedure.

-Her heart has been enlarged for about a month now.

-She is doing a text right now called a 24hr heart monitor to see if the doctors need to scheule it now(meaning asap-like the next day).

-Im on the fence about WHEN, no IF. She acts like a normal 3 month old baby(yes she is 5months,3months adj).

-Yes it a horible think to think about that I have to scheule this. I just wish that the doctors would just be like come this date for your pre-op.

-Airin condtion is just at the starting point of concern or else the doctors would make this decision and not me. So their wouldn't be a reason for this post.

-The procedure will be about 4 hours long. She will not be open for that long but they have to test the machine, pre, and etc.

-She is the happiest baby ever. She smiles at everyone and everything. She is very bashfull, but also a flirt. She love fans and TV/computer screens. She also loves her tounge. We think she is going to be a lefty. It seems to be dominate at this point.

Thank you girl for you kind words. Im seeing when everyone is avaible to help me out with my other two kids. But everyone is on stand by for thursday(which is when we find out the results.) Im also making an appointment for a consult with her regular cardio to ask his opioin even though he refered us to the EP.

Broken Hearts(heart issues group): http://www.cafemom.com/group/116857 Click my name

by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 7:26 PM
Replies (81-83):
lifeisajoy
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 4:00 PM

Oh Ok-why do they want to wait?

Quoting dsk886:

He said that she needs to have it done within two months. before she is one. her condition is rare. he said its not a if its a matter of when.

they want to wait as long as possible as well.

Quoting lifeisajoy:

Did the doctor say about waiting and for how long?  Is there reasons why you could not get it the baby in the next apt?  What are the risks for waiting or is there?-did the doctor explain  I would ask myself these questions

aidenmommy2011
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 4:05 PM

I would do it asap or when the doctor says to do it.

dsk886
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Well at frist she was too small. Now, She is still on the small side. But Its better for babies to wait to get pacemakers for lots of reasons that I can't think of right now. lol. But I will know the results of the 24 hour test either tomorrow or friday, maybe monday. And if they don't like what they see. She is going to a pre-op the next day and admitted and surgery the next day after that.

Quoting lifeisajoy:

Oh Ok-why do they want to wait?

Quoting dsk886:

He said that she needs to have it done within two months. before she is one. her condition is rare. he said its not a if its a matter of when.

they want to wait as long as possible as well.

Quoting lifeisajoy:

Did the doctor say about waiting and for how long?  Is there reasons why you could not get it the baby in the next apt?  What are the risks for waiting or is there?-did the doctor explain  I would ask myself these questions

Broken Hearts(heart issues group): http://www.cafemom.com/group/116857 Click my name

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)