Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I need some clean eating buddies.

Posted by   + Show Post

I have made the decision to eat clean this pregnancy.  But, I need someone to do this along with me.  Someone that I can bounce food ideas off of, review recipes with, and be there for support when it gets tough.  

I need someone that is serious about it and really wants to stick with it.

Anyone interested?

by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 8:40 AM
Replies (21-30):
momma-flynn
by ♥Gee Willickers♥ on Jun. 26, 2012 at 9:03 AM

I just found this blog & it had a lot of good info. I think I may transition our family to clean eating. It's something that makes sense & I've been thinking about. We've already started growing our own veggies which means we are eating more fresh veggies instead of canned or frozen.   

JustCJ
by Charlotte on Jun. 26, 2012 at 9:04 AM
I will be your friend make a myfitnesspal account I love it. It's free.

Quoting TrouserMouse:

The definition of clean eating is different for everyone. To me, it is eating fresh and avoiding processed food first and foremost.  Buying and preparing food that starts in its most original form when possible.  Now, I make my own bread sometimes, but not all of the time.  I will buy whole grain bread.  I still consider that clean eating.

Eating organic, to me, is just one step further to avoid all the preservatives and chemicals.  Again, that is hard to do 100%.

So mostly, I want to be more health conscious and stay away from highly processed stuff.

Quoting JustCJ:

Since I have started dieting I have been interested in clean eating. That said, to me clean eating is anything not processed lol. I dunno about organic.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TrouserMouse
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 9:09 AM

Have you tried gluten free?

Quoting LaughCryLive:

I eat clean at home. It's when I am out by myself it's hard not to give Ito temptation. On top of that I have trouble with my bowels when I eat grains...and yet can't stop sneaking bread in.

TrouserMouse
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 9:10 AM

I have to get in to work, but I will get in touch with anyone interested and see if we can get something going.  :)

momma-flynn
by ♥Gee Willickers♥ on Jun. 26, 2012 at 9:11 AM

If you start a group, will you pm me the link? I'm really interested in this.  

Quoting TrouserMouse:

I have to get in to work, but I will get in touch with anyone interested and see if we can get something going.  :)

TrouserMouse
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 9:14 AM

This was my clean breakfast btw. 2 egg whites and fruit salad made with strawberries, raspberries, mango, nectarines, and kiwi. I also glazed some walnuts with honey and cayenne and tossed them in the fruit salad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eema.gray
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 9:14 AM

I'll help.  I love hearing people's recipe ideas. 

However, I shoudl warn you that my definition of clean eating is a little different from most.  We eat very little grain, only moderate amounts of in season fruit, meat, chicken or fish daily, and don't shy away from animal fats (the only vegetable oil we use is olive oil for salad dressings).  So my recipies will always have those ingredients in them.

We tried a vegetarian experiment several years ago that ended disasterously when we found out my husband is hypoglycemic and does not respond well to vegetable protein.  :-)

Jaxsonsmama2009
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 9:19 AM
Feeding my temple is a great blog. I know the girl that writes it. She is a beach body coach, and she cooks from scratch. Her recipes are yummy and healthy. She even has recipes for sweets :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carrielenc
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 9:22 AM
Bump to read later
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mamacruz13
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 9:23 AM
I haven't been around much so I didn't see a post about baby news. Soo it happened??? Congrats! I'm so happy for y'all!

I have been slowly removing processed foods from my diet over the past few months. I have also become vegetarian. I only eat organic foods as well. I just can't seem to let go of my cheese and yogurt.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN