Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Poll

Question: Would you use a child leash?

Options:

Yes

No way,a re you nuts?

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 191

View Results

The title says it all, I jsut watched a vidoe on Good Morning America, I guess an epsiode of Morden Family had one of rhe charcter's kids on a child leash, so henece my ?, yes or no, and may we all try to do me a favor & keep this to a dull roar?

by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 8:52 AM
Replies (91-100):
delmobaby
by Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 10:24 AM
I have five bots ages 22 months to 7 yrs old. When grocerie shopping i can only fit one or two in the buggy and my kids try to run in all different directions. Timeouts have not worked so yes if i had any i would use them. I have started to shopping once hubby is home so he watches the kids whike i go but he is out of state right now. Im always scared i wont be able to keep an eye on all of them and that obe will be kidnapped. Going to walmart for some groceries today but i will have my fil with ne and ge will be able to put two in a buggy so my 7 yr old will be only one walking.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RheaF
by Sweet Insanity on Jun. 26, 2012 at 10:26 AM

Quoting sdunaway08:

Everytime I think of child leashes I get the image of the morbidly obese couple at the zoo sitting on a bench while their child plays in the dirt at the end of the leash. To say the least, I hate the thought of them. Plus, they teach your child nothing. Everytime I go to a flea market or craft show...there is always that one kid on one that is walking right out in front of you or messing with the items they shouldnt be touching while mom is 4-5 feet away not paying a bit of attention because "HEY MY KIDS ON A LEASH, HE'S NOT GOING ANYWHERE".....WRONG!

What about the special needs child who is still holding their parents hand, but the harness(a leash goes around the neck) is used as back up? There are other reasons paarents choose to use a harness.

Fairegirl33
by Melissa on Jun. 26, 2012 at 10:27 AM

I hate the kid leashes

cutebaby06
by Monica on Jun. 26, 2012 at 11:59 AM

BUMP!

NikkiDoll
by Nicole on Jun. 26, 2012 at 12:02 PM

No. I don't judge others who do though.

LoriLou75
by Lori on Jun. 26, 2012 at 12:04 PM

I REALLY wish someone would fill me in on why you would get angry over someone using a leash on their child.

“If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed”.

-Albert Einstein

Melanie420
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 12:08 PM

no, just my opinion but people need to learn to control their children, they are kids not dogs

Melanie420
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 12:08 PM
2 moms liked this

I mean there are dogs that listen to commands and they can go around without leashes, the same can be done with your kids

scoutfamilyof7
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 12:14 PM

NO!

cutebaby06
by Monica on Jun. 26, 2012 at 12:16 PM

Because to me, it jsut looks like the parents are too lazy to work with their kids to stay by them. However if the child is special needs and doesn't understand that they have to stay by mom & dad's side, I can maybe see parents using them, but if the child is not special needs, no reason why the parents can't work with the kids. 

Quoting LoriLou75:

I REALLY wish someone would fill me in on why you would get angry over someone using a leash on their child.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)