Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Does it have a name?

The day dd was born sh went out and got her this really soft blanket. She calls it me me and carries it everywhere we go
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 2:34 PM
Replies (11-20):
jlm2676
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 2:54 PM
Both kids do. For dd it has changed over the years but for the past 3 years it has been her toddler bed comforter. For ds it has been a baby blanket.
Neither of them have names for their blankets.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sparkina13
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 3:04 PM

My 5 year old ds has a monkey. It's name is monkey. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
pregnancy
KRMomma
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 3:06 PM
1 mom liked this

DS has a throw blanket that has a huge wolf on it(it did belong to DH for about 6 hours before DS took it)

He calls him Wolfie..had him since DS was 7 months old.

kc932
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 3:19 PM

I had never heard it referred to as a "lovey" before until yesterday when I read it in a book and now today. 

My oldest son, yes, it's his barney doll. Barney has been with us for six years.

My daughter, yes, it is a blanket my mom had made for her when she was born.

My twin boys, no. 

meghansmommy987
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 3:22 PM

Buzz lightyear and a kitty, but Buzz has gone to the zoo, dr, store, walk for a cure + more
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ballerina18
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 3:23 PM

My daughter never had a lovey. There are stuffed animals she likes, but she has never needed to carry one item with her all the time. I prefer her not to have a lovey. DD is 4 now.

I volunteer at a daycare in a toddler room (ages 1 to 2.5) and I have seen the problems loveys cause in a  daycare setting. I've seen kids hit each other when someone tries to take one child's lovey. I have seen kids scream nonstop if they lose their lovey or if a teacher tries to take it away. =/

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against loveys. However, I have seen so many parents have problems trying to break their child of their binky, stuffed animal, or blanky and it seems like its unnecessary.

Anywho.. that's just what I have seen. =)

itsm3
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 3:26 PM

dd has a lovey but it's only for sleep.  it stays in her bed because she doesn't want to get it dirty.  it's strange - dd only uses things like this during sleep; even when she was a baby and sucked her thumb, she only sucked it when she was in bed.  same with  her dolls - she only cuddles with them as she's falling asleep.  

visit me at my blog:  vodka and soda | www.lifeinprogress.ca

i'm charting my progress of the 30-day shred  |  journey to a healther me

Nerys-Kianna
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 3:26 PM

My 6 year old has a stuffed moose (he took it from me when he was about 6 month old, he cuddled with it all the time so I just gave it to him), he calls it Mr. Moose and has to go with him when we travel somewhere or when he goes to sleep. He also has a favorite blanket which he got from my sister he calls it Mickey.
My 4 year old has 2. One is a Pokemon called Uxie, he calls it Uxie Sister and a Pound Puppy (something I had left from my childhood) he called him Buster. His big brother gave him a Disney's Cars pillow and it has to go everywhere when we travel and when he goes to sleep.

itsm3
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 3:27 PM

dd had a monkey named "monkey".  actually the names of her dolls are what they are - her lovey is a bunny called "bunny". i guess she's not very creative LOL

Quoting sparkina13:

My 5 year old ds has a monkey. It's name is monkey. 

visit me at my blog:  vodka and soda | www.lifeinprogress.ca

i'm charting my progress of the 30-day shred  |  journey to a healther me

Paperfishies
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 3:28 PM

my 2 year old has a plastic cup and a marker she carries around.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)