Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Lets you dont have a lot of money and ur sister has more than you to spend willy nilly. Your sister is also your 10 month old daughters god mother. Would you be offended if she always bought ur daughter stuff? Like just because she wants to and always buys a lot for her for holidays. Would you be offended because you couldnt or would you not mind because she loves her and just loves to spoil her.

by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 7:10 PM
Replies (21-30):
1plustwinsmommy
by Silver Member on Jun. 28, 2012 at 7:48 PM
I wouldn't mind. I have a sister who is very well off and she rarely buys anything for my girls. (No she's not obligated to do so.)
I would welcome it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IansMommy2012
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 8:02 PM

Not really .. well no i take that back .. yes .. because i would feel she is trying to buy my daughters love and affection .. and it would piss me off because i wouldnt be able to buy lo what she wanted .. 

dlnimo
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Quoting alexxxxx:

I'm in a similar situation and I am appreciative. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stephielwood
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 10:15 PM
I am that aunt as well. I want the best for my niece. She means the world to me. And its my job to spoil her.. but her Mom is her mom and that bond is amazing.
mom2ljh
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 10:15 PM
Wouldn't be offended.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SunnySideUp6
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 10:17 PM

Quoting i_lovedyoufirst:

I'd be thankful my child was getting attention & love from his aunt,the material things wouldn't matter.

milfanyway
by Member on Jun. 28, 2012 at 10:17 PM
Depends on the presentation. but at some level discretion would be appreciated. Like dont show up to family christmas with twenty gifts for her ya know. If your gonna do it, awesome, just be aware of how it may make her feel.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on Jun. 28, 2012 at 10:20 PM

i would assume she wants to spoil her. i know if i had a niece and tons of money i would buy her tons of stuff.

BekkieBoodle
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 10:21 PM
No... Why would I?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lizard_Lina
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2012 at 10:21 PM
This.

Just because you can't afford it for dd doesn't mean she shouldn't have it.

Quoting clasater:

The only way I would be offended by that is if she constantly made remarks like "well I buy her everything" or "well since you don't buy her anything" or anything along those lines. But otherwise I would just be grateful to have somebody who loves my daughter and wants the best for her like I do.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)