Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
If your child refuses to eat what's for dinner do you let him/her with out eating or make something else?
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 8:00 PM
Replies (111-120):
Kenre
by Ruby Member on Jun. 29, 2012 at 1:51 PM
I make stuff I know they will eat. They are allowed to dig out pieces they dont like (like mushrooms in speghetti) but they will not get something else. They get enough meals that they wont starve if they skip one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momof2Sisterof1
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 2:03 PM

I dont cook things my children wont eat and if I decide to eat something they dont like of course they will get something else.

MrsRinehart2010
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 2:05 PM

it depends because my oldest has a wierd stomach problem an some times she cant eat if she isnt ready too or else she start dry heaving. so depending on the situaiton  .But my kids never go to bed hungry , even if they dnt eat diner they still get some kind of snack before bed :O)

Nikki286
by Nicoli on Jun. 29, 2012 at 2:11 PM

she eats what i make her or she goes with out i do not want her to always eat only things she likes she needs to try new things so she isnt so picky she only eats the same thing every night of her life

TableforSeven
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 3:20 PM

I always make sure there is at least 1 thing on the table that each of the kids will eat.  Even if that means they only eat bread or rice for dinner.  If we're having pizza or spaghetti though (which is really just ONE dish) - my kids that don't eat those foods are allowed to make themselves something else (I do no cook more than 1 meal at a time.

.oOMellyOo.
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2012 at 3:22 PM

I'm not a short order cook I'm their mommy. You eat what I fix or you don't eat at all.... Now that being said I'm not going to make a whole meal of things I know that my children don't like.

lilblu399
by Tamika on Jun. 29, 2012 at 3:25 PM
Depends on how I feel sometimes I make something else or I tell him to take 2 bites and put it in the fridge.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sfkdny
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2012 at 3:25 PM

it depends, I try to make things they like but sometimes, it is PB&J or chicken nuggets for them if they do not like what I cook. 

notjstasocermom
by Samantha on Jun. 29, 2012 at 3:30 PM

depends on what I make.

Smcclellan7080
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 5:53 PM

My 4 year old is more of a grazer than an eater. There are certain foods that he will not touch, and when I make those I always make sure there is something else for him. Part of his issue is texture, and my husband is the exact same way. I refuse to make MY child eat something I know makes him gag.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN