Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I hate Mississippi....

Posted by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 6:05 AM
  • 8 Replies

the school system here is weird. For example,my youngest is asthmatic but he is not allowed to carry his inhaler with him.The school nurse keeps it in her office,but she is also the nurse for middle,upper,high school so she is not always in the same building. It terrifies me that Bryce will have an asthma attack and her NOT be there...How would he get to his medicine?

My middle son was diagnosed with Dyslexia but in Mississippi it is not considered a "valid" learning disability...We need to move!

Just venting,carry on!

Love your enemies. It makes them so damned mad.

by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 6:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mamagreen08
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 6:08 AM
So, let him carry one without anyone knowing? That is pretty weird and dangerous that they would do that. Have you gone to the school board?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 6:11 AM

We tried.The teacher found it and had us come pick it up.She said the rule is because some "older" kids may find it...use it to get high.

Quoting mamagreen08:

So, let him carry one without anyone knowing? That is pretty weird and dangerous that they would do that. Have you gone to the school board?

ripemango
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 6:12 AM

Mississippi is one of the states to which the fewest amount of Americans move. I guess there is a reason for that!

If it were me I would let my kid bring his inhaler...that is just stupid. Go ahead, try to suspend my kid for that.

I don't know where the sunbeams end and the starlights begin; it's all a mystery.

deloit
by Bronze Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 9:56 AM
i live in mississppi my whole life minus 6 months when i lived in texas but now im in alabama for about a year now.mississippi just has backwards ass people.lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
supermom2xlb
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 10:03 AM

I personally love Mississippi. However, I homeschool my kids :) We recently moved and the school in our new district is wonderful. We live in a small town but have 4 elementary schools. Two of them suck! We considered trying out the new school this year. My cousin has Dyslexia and her teacher works very hard to help her. She is in a special needs class. Maybe it differs by school district. If you don't mind me asking what county you live in?

lv_my_babies
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 10:05 AM

I'm not alone in HATING Mississippi. You have no idea how great it feels to know I'm not alone. Though I hate this place for other reasons, lol. 

I would just let your son carry it to school anyways even if the teacher finds it just let him have ti back, its dangerous to not let him have it.

Trisha-g
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:50 PM
I hate it here so much if makes me want to cry sometimes. This place is backwards, racist and largely uneducated. The way most people raise their children is deplorable.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Arwyn724
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 3:31 PM

The IDEA is a federal program, and they recognize dyslexia, so your state should not refuse federally mandated accomodations.

I haven't seen a school system that allows students to carry their own medical devices in the 20 years my kids have been in public school.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)