Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

WV State of emergency

Posted by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 4:39 PM
  • 24 Replies
I have been without power since 6 pm yesterday. Over 600,000 people are ve without power now. Every business I can drive to is slammed some even.turning people away. Trees and debris everywhere. Temps hitting 100.gas stations are either running out out gas out ve can't turn their pumps on without power. The power company is giving us no eta. I'm worried about my food going bad and ve where we are going to stay. my ds and dd are flipping out. I have breathing issues and rheumatoid arthritis so this is not good for us. and I'm going on no slee

Excuse spelling mistakes not only an I mobile but my hands are really swollen right now

by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 4:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
A.J.s_mommy
by Ruby Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 4:41 PM
I saw on the news about "cooling" places opening up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 4:43 PM
Yeah but they arent going to be open overnight. It was 85 and stifling in my apartment last night and supposed to be hotter tonight
A.J.s_mommy
by Ruby Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 4:44 PM
Ok...well you can go for a while. Can you drive to hotel somewhere that does have power?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Bronze Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 4:44 PM

Big hugs mama!  I'm sorry!  Do you have anywhere you can go with what gas you have?  Do you have enough gas to drive a few hours away to get more gas?

othermom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 4:45 PM

I hope the power is back on quickly. I can't imagine what you guys are dealing with. Seeing the pictures of the damage, no power and that heat would be horrible

angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 4:45 PM
A tree hit my power line and its just laying there in the street a day later its not even roped off or anything
angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 4:53 PM
Dd is autistic non verbal and keeps having breakdowns and 4 year old isnt happy either. We canty afford a hotel spent last night at walmart till the kids couldn't take it anymore and went home. Just really stressed and upset and hope the power comes back on soon.
angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 4:55 PM
I would feel so much better if I could talk to someone at aep but they won't answer the phones
christi34
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 4:58 PM
I hope things get better for you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MammaPaparazza
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 5:01 PM
Get a hotel or motel out of your area...our power just came back on...best of luck.to you momma!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)