Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I don't need this.... Update thank god

Posted by   + Show Post
My car decided to get me to work but, not take me home. I went to start it and leave and it sounds like it's trying to start but won't. The radio still turns on. My dad said it could still be my battery... If it's not the battery it's gonna cost a damn arm and leg to tow!!!! I don't fucking need this!!! I'm so stressed now.... I just want to pull my hair and scream!

**my dad came and said it sounds like it's trying to start. We tried pumping the gas quite a few times and it finally started! I put some more gas it turned it off and it started it again and it started drove it around for 15 minutes and came home. He said maybe the gas "sweated" or an air bubble or maybe where it's gotten extremely hot in no time. Regardless right now it works.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 4:48 PM
Replies (11-19):
Justine1123
by Justine on Jun. 30, 2012 at 5:18 PM
I'm in Tennessee.

Quoting atyou:

What state? Maybe someone could help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Starburst72
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 5:18 PM

arghhh, machines always break down at the worst possible time

Justine1123
by Justine on Jun. 30, 2012 at 5:18 PM
Would it still make the noise like it's attempting to start?

Quoting christi34:

I agree about the alternator being bad.

Quoting 25beengoodtome:

The alternator could be going bad. I had a car with that problem 8 years ago. We replaced the altenators many times. So often, we notice, " inspected by: _____" and the inspector's name was the same on all the faulty parts !

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Justine1123
by Justine on Jun. 30, 2012 at 6:02 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Pagan.
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 6:06 PM

i had an issue where it took a few times of me turning it over to get my Tahoe started. it turned out it was a chip that needed to be replaced.

ciao_bella
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 6:06 PM
Oh no hope it's nothing major xo
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pixiemomma
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 7:01 PM
Friend had this problem about 3 weeks ago. It was towed here to my home since dh works on cars. I know a few things and when I tried to turn it over it didn't do anything. Well I took the key out and tried again this time listening to everything. That one turn of the key and I had it. It was the fuel pump. A fuel pump should hum when the key is first turned on and it didn't. My dh was impressed since I was right.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Justine1123
by Justine on Jun. 30, 2012 at 7:03 PM
I'm praying it's not my fuel pump since those are so expensive!

Quoting pixiemomma:

Friend had this problem about 3 weeks ago. It was towed here to my home since dh works on cars. I know a few things and when I tried to turn it over it didn't do anything. Well I took the key out and tried again this time listening to everything. That one turn of the key and I had it. It was the fuel pump. A fuel pump should hum when the key is first turned on and it didn't. My dh was impressed since I was right.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christi34
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Yes, it would. If it was the battery it wouldn't do anything at all. If you can try to take it to a place like O'reilly's Auto Parts, Auto Zone or what ever the car part store is called in your area. They have a machine where they can check it and make sure. You may just need a boost.

Quoting Justine1123:

Would it still make the noise like it's attempting to start?

Quoting christi34:

I agree about the alternator being bad.

Quoting 25beengoodtome:

The alternator could be going bad. I had a car with that problem 8 years ago. We replaced the altenators many times. So often, we notice, " inspected by: _____" and the inspector's name was the same on all the faulty parts !

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN