Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Moms with biracial daughters

Posted by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 5:10 PM
  • 37 Replies
What the heck do you do to your girls hair! My daughter's hair is so long pass her butt and super thick I just can't do anything with it. It knots up, dreads up can't comb it ugh. What do you use in your kid's hair to make it more manageable? Please share, I'm thinking of chopping it off and passing her off as a boy lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 5:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cryssi_renee
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 5:13 PM
My daughter has hair like mine. If she didn't I would have my mother in law teach me. She taught me when I was pregnant with my son but I have forgotten since I haven't needed to use it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pnukey
by Jennifer on Jun. 30, 2012 at 5:16 PM

I'm not a biracial mom, but my dd is biracial. She just uses normal shampoo and conditioner on her thick, wavy, lovely hair. She is biracial Filipino/white. Maybe that makes a difference. 

Which biracial are you asking about?

ReD.RoCkEr
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 5:18 PM
I meant biracial daughters lol sorry. She is black and white. I use conditioner, moisturizer, none of that helps

Quoting Pnukey:

I'm not a biracial mom, but my dd is biracial. She just uses normal shampoo and conditioner on her thick, wavy, lovely hair. She is biracial Filipino/white. Maybe that makes a difference. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ReD.RoCkEr
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 5:22 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pnukey
by Jennifer on Jun. 30, 2012 at 5:23 PM

I'm no help then. My brother is biracial black/white, but mom always kept his hair short. GL! I know there are plenty of moms with good advice about this, but maybe they're not on right now.

Quoting ReD.RoCkEr:

I meant biracial daughters lol sorry. She is black and white. I use conditioner, moisturizer, none of that helps

Quoting Pnukey:

ReD.RoCkEr
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 5:28 PM
Thanks anyway :)

Quoting Pnukey:

I'm no help then. My brother is biracial black/white, but mom always kept his hair short. GL! I know there are plenty of moms with good advice about this, but maybe they're not on right now.

Quoting ReD.RoCkEr:

Quoting Pnukey:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ReD.RoCkEr
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 5:31 PM
I know I'm not alone on this :-\
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lorirose
by Bronze Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 5:33 PM
My daughter is biracial. She is grown now but I always used olive oil shampoo and conditioner. Then I use the olive oil spray on it to make it soft and manageable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Marix3
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 5:36 PM
My DD has really unmanageable hair. I don't have a great secret to it, I wish I did. I wash with shampoo and conditioner. Brush it while the conditioner is in. I braid it at night since she wakes up with horrible mats if I don't. I use detangler to brush out the tangles during the day. The more consistent I am, the easier it is to keep up with.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gcstar42
by Shara on Jun. 30, 2012 at 5:44 PM
1 mom liked this

My kids are half black/half white. I think I got pretty lucky with their hair though. It is super soft, and never dries out like a lot of kids that are part black. My oldests hair is kinky curly but still very soft. My youngests hair is more wavy curly and very very soft. For both of them I just use regular shampoo (the suave kids 2 in 1 shampoo) and for my oldest I put hair lotion in it after every wash. In the mornings I use Just For ME conditioning and detangling spray when I am brushing it. For my youngest I will put stuff in her hair every once in a while, but I dont have to do it on a regular basis, because then it gets oily. And neither one has super long hair, so I am sure that makes a difference. Here is a pic to give an idea of their hair types.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)