Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
What the heck do you do to your girls hair! My daughter's hair is so long pass her butt and super thick I just can't do anything with it. It knots up, dreads up can't comb it ugh. What do you use in your kid's hair to make it more manageable? Please share, I'm thinking of chopping it off and passing her off as a boy lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 5:10 PM
Replies (21-30):
isaiahbellamom
by Gold Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 7:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Go to the African specilaity store they have natural products with oils like jobs oil Shea butter. Also morracan gargantuan oil is great. Stay away from pink oil moisture.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 10:16 PM
Oil or body lotion
ReginaStar
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Try using Kinky Curly products. They sell them at Target. 

momswag
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 12:00 PM

Why not take her to an African American salon or stylist and have her hair done and then discuss with the stylist the best means of caring for her hair? If not, ask any AA friends?

DACIA79
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2012 at 12:28 PM
Try motions they have a good detangler. There is also a product called mixed chicks . Comb hair while wet .
Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MySpaceMomof3
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Mixed Chicks is designed for biracial hair. Its pricey but amazing..My two oldest daughters are white/mexican and my youngest two, a boy and a girl, are white/black.. and that stuff works great for all 4 kids..But only my two that are mixed with black use the leave in as well as the shampoo & conditioner :)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
LovinLife81
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 11:18 PM

go to a salon and get it done dont cute her hair off.

nicndetsmom
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 11:19 PM
My dd doesn't have the thick coarse hair that most biracial kids have. It's just regular old curly hair. Not super curly though, only at the bottom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
party_of_5
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 11:23 PM

My cousin has a step daughter that biracial. She went to a ethnic hair shop. They told her to get this leave in conditioner called mixed chicks. She absolutely loves it. She even uses it in her own hair. She has very curly/kinky hair & it makes it more manageable.

ambtrav2kids
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 11:26 PM
I only shampoo my daughters hair every couple days or it gets dried out. I condition it every day though. Also, when I'm rinsing the conditioner out of her hair I use cooler water to help lock in moisture. Heat opens up hair cuticles and cold does opposite. I use Motions and Design Essentials in her hair.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)