Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

child support question...

Posted by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 8:00 PM
  • 28 Replies

idk if any of you know this but i cant find anything online...and im waiting on cs to get back to me still.... current support is held at this time but the case is still open.... and i got a letter from my stbxh job stating that cs was going to be pulled (HE OWES 1300 IN BACK SUPPORT) but then i checked the cs website and it said there was an ending to support order to stop payments.... stbxh was begging me to call cs and have them stop before they started to pull out $$ from his checks for the back support and when they told me i had to wait till we went to court to do that or i would have to get a form and both mine and stbxh signatures would need to be on it and then filed with the court to stop back support.... a week later cs was stopped but i never got this form or anything.... seems fishy to me?

anyone have any thoughts?

by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 8:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momma4vr
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 8:00 PM

bump

momma4vr
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 8:05 PM

BUMP!

momma4vr

BUMP!

momma4vr

BUMP!

1plustwinsmommy
by Silver Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 8:07 PM
1 mom liked this
So you signed something your dh gave you, and voila cs is stopping? Am I understanding that correctly? If that is the case, then yes that sounds VERY fishy to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Temecula_Mama
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 8:08 PM
I don't understand what the question is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mehganh
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 8:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Call about it. They may have stopped for a temp delay or something. I know those offices are chaotic and things get messed up or changed all the time. I would just call the state office. Not your local office. Mine gets messed up all the time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma4vr
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Quoting 1plustwinsmommy:

So you signed something your dh gave you, and voila cs is stopping? Am I understanding that correctly? If that is the case, then yes that sounds VERY fishy to me.

sorry i typed to quickly... lol no... stbxh called me begging me to find a way to stop back support.... i called and asked about it to cs...they told me i SHOULD just wait for court OR there is a document i could get and both he and i would have to sign and then file.... i told stbxh i was told to wait till court and left it at that.. then a week later all of a sudden the order to pay was stopped. (current was already held cuz he made a big stink about how we have 5050 (FYI he has not seen her since 3-31, we had court may 11th but the judge asked me if i would be willing to stop current support until sept.) 

a withholding went out to his job and i got notice of it. so i was supposed to recieve back support.... but it stopped after i told him i was told to wait till court and he said he would find out for sure....

BrownEyedGirl86
by Platinum Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 8:13 PM
Did he have someone call saying they are you?? Sometimes all you need is the case number and the last four of your Ssn and birthdate!?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Apollos82
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 8:15 PM
I'm so confused. I have no idea what you are asking--which is saying something, because I am very familiar with the DOJ and child support system.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN