Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
I am petrified of the thought of giving birth. I'm 17 and almost 25 weeks pregnant. (This is my first.) Yeah, I know I should've thought of this before I got pregnant. (I was on the pill and he did use a condom.) I just keep hearing horror stories on here and, yeah, I'm terrified. A c-section sounds so incredibly scary to me and with a vaginal birth you have the possibility of tearing all of the way to your rectum. Obviously there's nothing I can do now, I just needed to vent and maybe get some type of support....
Lilypie Maternity tickers
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 9:38 PM
Replies (11-20):
nicsmama09
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 9:59 PM
Thats awesome. Boy or girl?

Quoting Rachyoungmomof1:

Yep! We're due on the same day! (24w5d!)

Quoting nicsmama09:

It will be okay :) I didnt tear but dr did cut me. Stitches ice and special spray (lol) and it heals. After birth it did hurt but youll be soooo in love with the baby you wont care.

Good luck. Are you in the Oct due date group?

Im 24weeksand5days
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rachyoungmomof1
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 10:00 PM
Boy! You?

Quoting nicsmama09:

Quoting Rachyoungmomof1:

Quoting nicsmama09:

It will be okay :) I didnt tear but dr did cut me. Stitches ice and special spray (lol) and it heals. After birth it did hurt but youll be soooo in love with the baby you wont care.

Im 24weeksand5days
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 10:00 PM
1 mom liked this

To her defense, both of my nieces are "pill babies". So yeah, it can happen.

IMHO, don't rule out an epidural. I did, had back labor the nurse suggested it and I was in so much pain I agreed. It was the best thing, (for me) that I did. Delivering can be painful, but the minute you see your child it all goes away and it well worth it.

Good luck.

Quoting Mandiii04:

On the pill AND used a condom eh?

boys2men2soon
by Silver Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 10:01 PM
1 mom liked this

It is normal to be scared of something you have never experienced...you are not alone.   If giving birth was so bad, women would not have more than one child.    

Mandiii04
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 10:03 PM
If that's the case, then her saying "Yeah, I know I should've thought of this before I got pregnant." was pointless. Why would she need to think about that before getting pregnant if this was an "oops"? She couldn't have known when she'd conceive accidentally.

Quoting 143myboys9496:

IMHO, don't rule out an epidural. I did, had back labor the nurse suggested it and I was in so much pain I agreed. It was the best thing, (for me) that I did. Delivering can be painful, but the minute you see your child it all goes away and it well worth it.

Good luck.

Quoting Mandiii04:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama_cullum
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 10:03 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm thinking mhmmmmmm too.
Call me a bitch but that excuse is played out.

Quoting Mandiii04:

Mhmm

Quoting Rachyoungmomof1:

Yes....

Quoting Mandiii04:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nicsmama09
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 10:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Girl
i have a boy he is 2.5..very fun. :)

I got an epideral..labor wasnt bad..pushing was thwme hardest but its different for everyone.

Quoting Rachyoungmomof1:

Boy! You?

Quoting nicsmama09:

Quoting Rachyoungmomof1:

Quoting nicsmama09:

Im 24weeksand5days
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rachyoungmomof1
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 10:05 PM
I said that because I know some of the women here would probably say that I should've thought of that before having sex

Quoting Mandiii04:

If that's the case, then her saying "Yeah, I know I should've thought of this before I got pregnant." was pointless. Why would she need to think about that before getting pregnant if this was an "oops"? She couldn't have known when she'd conceive accidentally.

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Good luck.

Quoting Mandiii04:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
i_lovedyoufirst
by Gold Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 10:06 PM
Walk,walk walk (: it helps a lot!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Hind sight is always 20/20. Maybe she meant before she said "yes" to having sex? idk. What's done is done. Why not we just try and be encouraging to her about delivering? I mean we've all been there and as mothers we should stick together instead of tearing each other a new one. JMO

Quoting Mandiii04:

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Good luck.

Quoting Mandiii04:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)