Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Need some snarky advice :)

Posted by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 10:55 PM
  • 45 Replies

Two weeks ago, DH and I found out that... SURPRISE!  We're having another baby.  This will be baby #4 for us.  By the time this baby comes (Feb) our children will be 10, 5 and 20 months.  This was a whoopsies pregnancy.  Yes, I'm aware what causes pregnancy, blah blah blah.  We announced to our close friends and family today at our son's birthday party.  We got a lot of "What?" and "Wow's" and even a few "Congrats."  And then we got a really negative comment from my father...he's a giant d bag really.  He's had negative things to say regarding the last three pregnancies.  The only one he approved of was my oldest.  I've been with my DH for 15 years, we've been married for 10 yrs, all my children are his.  We can financially support 4 children.  Our house is a little small right now to support that many family members, but we'll make it work til next summer when we put our house up for sale.  

Anyways, I'm trying to steel myself for the negative reactions I KNOW we're going to get from people, because this is our fourth child.  So, anyone wanna help me be a giant smart ass and give me some snarky come-backs for the usual "you're pregnant again?" questions?  TIA!

by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 10:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momma2mms
by Gold Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 10:59 PM
11 moms liked this

1. I'm trying to beat the Duggars, leave me alone.

2. I don't think it's really mine.

3. Odd numbers freak me out, we needed to even it out.

4. Oh shit, I forgot to call you and ask your permission.

mommymelissa76
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 11:02 PM
Its a baby, not a bank robbery!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sleepy_in_va
by Bronze Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 11:03 PM
I like number three... I just had my third baby in April. Before I got pregnant I got my two oldests kids names tattooed on my feet, on child's name on each foot...now that I have 3 kids I either need to grow a 3rd foot, found another spot to put the new baby's name or have a 4th child and even my feet out with two names each.. it freaks me out about my feet not having the same amount of tattoo...

Quoting momma2mms:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xLilBit22
by La Melodia on Jun. 30, 2012 at 11:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Love it

Quoting momma2mms:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happymommy1105
by Platinum Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 11:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Tell them you are willing to let them have it til its potty trained, then you want it back.

Tell them you have been considering boarding school for the older ones anyway, that once they hit.the teenage years they aren't your problem anyways.

Ask them to explain to you the physics of how you get pregnant cause you are unclear.

Say, well I was planning on you raising this one anyway. Then walk away.

Tell them you are trying to figure out how many you have to have on your income to get pa.

Just be a birch. Everything you have always wanted to say and never said, just say it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mopsmommy5
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 11:09 PM
You could always say that your sooo sexy that you just couldn't keep your husband off you! That worked for me, usually shocked people enough to shut them up! Lol! Congrats!
andersongirl562
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 11:11 PM
4 moms liked this
We have five and I always tell people we didn't discover cable tv until recently lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Donna.June
by Silver Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 11:12 PM
Number three is kinda true for me, except I don't freak out. I just don't like odd numbers. I avoid them. Lol. I have four girls atm.

Quoting momma2mms:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2gr8tgirls
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 11:18 PM

OMG, I'm rolling over here!  You ladies are hilarious!

alwayskk
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 11:18 PM
We're still workin' on our basketball team!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)