Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

(Link to pics in OP) (UPDATE 34th reply) Can u believe this ish???

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 6:09 AM
  • 76 Replies

Yesterday I was @ Osh Kosh and Carters taking advantage of this ginormous sale they both had going on (more clothes for baby to be). I started feeling faint, dizzy etc (39 wks exact). Bottom line ... I went to l&d to find out I was dehydrated, was feeling affects of pregnancy related anemia (knew that already) and I was 3.5 cms dilated. They sent me home to walk (not a surprise). Whats trippin me out is that here it is after 3am and she still isnt coming. I know this ish happens all the time to moms, but why me? Lol. Drs were saying before Id be lucky if I became 32 wks preg with her (threatened pre term, was on progesteren, short cervix, got steroid shots w/ a 24 hr hospitlaization). Help!! I wanna have this baby! Im 39 wks and 1 day today!

ETA: Here is a link to the post with pics!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/416/forums/read/16896242/Danielle_Lynns_Debut

by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 6:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
daughteroftruth
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 6:12 AM
1 mom liked this

it will happen!!  one thing I noticed with all my kids, the harder I tried to get them out, the less it happend.  Go, take a bath, relax, have a nice tall glass of ice water, lay on your couch, watch a movie and take a nap.  TAke advantage of some relaxation time, because before you know it, you will not have any time to relax.  And all my kids decided to come on days that I decided to try and relax... 

2007mommy2be
by Platinum Member on Jul. 2, 2012 at 6:18 AM
Dang lol. My first (ds) who is 4.5 ... I was induced at 37 wks. My 2nd born my dd 22 mos, she was threatened pre term as well as this baby 3 coming. She came at 37 wks. This is the longest ive been preggo. I actually have been relaxing. I havent even walked yet lol. I did take a shower and a bath when I got home from the hosp yesterday and will again in a few hrs. Sigh. Im thinkng chasing behind my other 2 today that maybe something will happen. Ty!!

Quoting daughteroftruth:

it will happen!!  one thing I noticed with all my kids, the harder I tried to get them out, the less it happend.  Go, take a bath, relax, have a nice tall glass of ice water, lay on your couch, watch a movie and take a nap.  TAke advantage of some relaxation time, because before you know it, you will not have any time to relax.  And all my kids decided to come on days that I decided to try and relax... 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luv.My.Kidz
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 6:23 AM

it will happen......

I was 2cm from 30weeks until 41 weeks with my oldest son then went back down to 1/2 cm. it sucked ass! I ended up having to be induced.

2007mommy2be
by Platinum Member on Jul. 2, 2012 at 7:06 AM
Omfg! What tha? Lol. U can open and close back like that before giving birth? Yikes! And yeah ... my ins wont induce til ur 41 wks or after. Ugh!!

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

it will happen......

I was 2cm from 30weeks until 41 weeks with my oldest son then went back down to 1/2 cm. it sucked ass! I ended up having to be induced.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luv.My.Kidz
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 7:22 AM
Apparently.... Lol I didn't know it was possible either......

Quoting 2007mommy2be:

Omfg! What tha? Lol. U can open and close back like that before giving birth? Yikes! And yeah ... my ins wont induce til ur 41 wks or after. Ugh!!

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

it will happen......

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BrownEyedGirl86
by Platinum Member on Jul. 2, 2012 at 7:26 AM
I had to be induced w my 2nd. She's 9 weeks now. But my cervix wouldn't move cooperate. But I stressed hard about the induction and honestly it was a walk in the park.

Baby will come. I would think too much about it. I know easier said then done though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2007mommy2be
by Platinum Member on Jul. 2, 2012 at 9:12 AM
Lol. F that. If I dont deliver by my edd (this coming Sunday) Im raising hell!

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

Quoting 2007mommy2be:

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

it will happen......

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2007mommy2be
by Platinum Member on Jul. 2, 2012 at 9:14 AM
Omg hey! We know each other dont we? Waves! Lol. The talk of induction on their end hasnt come up and Im not afraid of it. I was induced w/ my son. I welcome it. Im so ready to give birth ugh lol.

Quoting BrownEyedGirl86:

I had to be induced w my 2nd. She's 9 weeks now. But my cervix wouldn't move cooperate. But I stressed hard about the induction and honestly it was a walk in the park.

Baby will come. I would think too much about it. I know easier said then done though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luv.My.Kidz
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 9:21 AM
Lol....I was happy preggers

Quoting 2007mommy2be:

Lol. F that. If I dont deliver by my edd (this coming Sunday) Im raising hell!

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

Quoting 2007mommy2be:

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

it will happen......

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eema.gray
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 9:26 AM

Let me tell you about my sister (poor sister, she had one h*ll of a pregnancy):  SHe went into preterm labor at 26 weeks.  Was put on full bedrest, preventative antibiotices (she kept getting UTI's), and medications to  keep her uterus calm.  She still had to go into the hospital 5 times and 2 of those times, she had to be transported 2 hours away to a hospital with a level 3 NICU.  When she wasn't in the hospital, she was having weekly appointments to check on the state of her uterus and her baby.  

At 36 weeks, she took herself off her meds because they weren't working anymore.  She was then in prodromal labor (start/stop labor) for TWO WEEKS before her son was born. 

Baby will be come when baby comes.  Take it one day at a time, drink lots of water, and enjoy not having a newborn for another couple days.  Once baby gets her, your whole world will change.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)