Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

My son had his six year check-up today and the doctor found what she believes is a hernia in his scrotum area.  She's sending him to a urologist.  Anyone know what this could mean or what treatment?  Thanks!

by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 11:05 PM
Replies (11-12):
Pink.Frosting
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 2:31 AM

They'll most likely have to do surgery to fix it.

SEEKEROFSHELLS
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 2:42 AM

Undesended testicals, where they stay up in the body, the body heat is too much. Throwing it out to moms out there, when I was dealing with this issue my son had sugery before 2 years old. They told me to do it before 2,If you don't do it before 2 the testical is no longer viable to produce sperm if you bring it down at a later age..Now my dad had a hernia in one testicle the size of a baseball. He fathered my sister and I. Possibly another child that we know about. He was something else and I bet there are more. No wonder mom divorced  him. Ask the doc, I wouldn't worry about one testicle having a hernia. Yes get it operated on, but the other testicle can also produce those swimmy things. Hugs to ya. Any child having an operation is scary.

Quoting Beyondthesky37:

My husband is very concerned for our son's future.  Does it pose any risk to him being able to have kids someday?

Quoting ThatsTheWayItIs:

My husband has one the size of his fist. They have to do surgery. Good thing is I don't think hernias are life threatening .

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN