Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I don't know what to do!! Someone who has been through this please help.

Posted by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 11:27 AM
  • 27 Replies

My youngest starts kindergarten this fall!!

They're ALL going to be in school.

I've NEVER had all day without kids...

I was going to start college but I think I want a break from everything for a little bit, and I can start college again in the spring??

What do you do all day without kids? I think I'm going to walk. A LOT! :)

by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 11:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
joshlor2
by Platinum Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this
I had the same "problem" last year. All kids in school. I really dove into the volunteering at the school. There are a lot of things that teachers could use help with, especially with the younger kids. I was up there probably 10 hours a week sometimes more and sometimes less. Kept me busy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heathermichelle
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this
My last child started last year. I sat around and did nothing. It felt great but then I got bored so I went back to work :)
It was really great for relaxing and just being lazy lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tennismom360
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 11:31 AM

My kids are in school. I am very busy from 9am-2pm. I run daily from 9 am - 10 am ish sometimes a bit longer.  Then I have to buy groceries, cook, clean, pay bills, organize the house, take away/pick up drycleaning.  Read.  Then when I pick up kids I take them to tennis and feed balls/hit with them (they wanna be pros).  By 9 pm, I am zonked.  

Oh yes I also help in the classroom once a week.

jillbailey26
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 11:32 AM
1 mom liked this

My youngest is going off to Pre-K and I'll be home all day too.  I'm in the same boat you are, lol.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

randomosityblog
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 12:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting heathermichelle:

My last child started last year. I sat around and did nothing. It felt great but then I got bored so I went back to work :)
It was really great for relaxing and just being lazy lol.

I think I will relax and be lazy for a while. Or maybe just push myself into walking outside more, until it gets too cold. I hate the cold! lol I know the dog will keep me busy but not THAT busy. I want to do something productive.

nicsmama09
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 12:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TableforSeven
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 1:08 PM

I started volunteering the day my oldest started school.  When my YOUNGEST started school - I was able to 'ramp up' my volunteering (mostly at the school....in fact, I was PTO President the year my youngest was in PK).

I also enjoyed getting to run all my errands (especially grocery shopping) alone - getting the house cleaned in peace - and even getting to go out for coffee/visit friends without worrying how long the kids would be entertained.

embersparkle
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 1:11 PM

I'm not in the boat yet, I have a 5 mth old so when my two oldest are in school, the baby keeps me busy. I still have 3 years till all mine are in school lol

Bird16_J
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 1:14 PM

Lucky you! By the time my youngest is in school the baby will only be 2 lol man what I wouldn't give for all the little rug monsters to be in school just so I could take a day and sleep til they got home from school! lol

periwinkle163
by Platinum Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 1:14 PM

My youngest starts kindergarten next year also. I told my dh I was going to catch up on all the years of lost sleep, lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)