Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Update: My puppy died suddenly yesterday :(Added photo page 3

Posted by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 3:49 PM
  • 119 Replies
Yesterday morning started out like every other day. I got up for work, took our nine week old English bulldog puppy out to potty. She went potty came back in and I put her back in her kennel while I got ready for work. She acted fine. I went to work and my daughter called me about three hours later crying hysterical that she had taken the puppy out she went potty, played like usual and then she had to put her back in kennel for a little bit to tend to our other dog. And when she went to check on her she was jerking around, bleeding from her mouth and barely breathing. She died in my daughters arms. I left work and came home to find my husband holding her and rocking her as he wept. It was do awful to see. I took her to the vet where they are doing a necropsy on her and hopefully we will have answers soon. I just don't understand how or why she just suddenly died. She didn't get into anything outside because we are always with her when she went out. My children especially my daughter is traumatized. Bless her heart :( no real reason for this post other than we are just sad and I wanted to post this. I never knew we could love her so much in Just three weeks.

Update: the vet called us yesterday and said the preliminary report did not show anything obvious so they are waiting on tissue sample results now. But we had amazing breeders and when I got home from work last night they surprised my family with another puppy! She was callis sister and kinda favors her too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 3:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ColtsFan1912
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 3:50 PM

Aww I'm sorry :(   Your poor daughter : (

Bluetick
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 3:51 PM
There are a lot of things this could've been... maybe a heat stroke or worms pr distemper wayyy to many could be's
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
noahsmom310
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 3:52 PM
So sorry :-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kctnelms
She was just at the vet four days before for her nine week shots and was fine. She was not outside long enough to have a heat stroke.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyto3bees
:(
Shelley927
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 3:53 PM

I am so sorry that happened to your family.....It is very possible that she had a siezure and bit her tongue when seizing.....I hope and pray I am wrong .....I hope you get answers soon....Please keep us updated...My son wants one....

kctnelms
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 3:55 PM
It was a lot of bright red blood so more like intestinal maybe? I know these breeds have numerous medical problems. Believe me we have done our research over the years before getting one. It just doesn't make sense.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
embersparkle
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 4:01 PM

aww poor puppy...that stinks :(

nicsmama09
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 4:05 PM
:( aw so sorry
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mamacruz13
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 4:06 PM

Thats terrible! And your poor daughter :(

Where did the puppy come from? Was it from a breeder? Pet store?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN