Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Homosexuals !!!!!!! UGH !!!!!!

Posted by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 4:31 PM
  • 16 Replies

Ok I know not a nice title !!! But its the only way I could get you in here ....look what is on the weatherchannel.com ! Isn't it amazing !!!!

National Forecast

National Forecast

Heat, Some Drought Relief Ahead

Jon ErdmanUpdated: Jul 4, 2012, 1:52 PM EDTweather.com

Shifting the Heat

Background

It's been a brutal start to summer, only "officially" two weeks old. June ended with a record-smashing heat wave from the Rockies to the Southeast, rewriting not only monthly, but all-time record highs in dozens of locations from Denver to Atlanta.

Fortunately, there is relief on the horizon for some of the heat-weary in the Midwest and East.

The graphic above depicts a shift in the upper-air wind flow we're expecting by early next week.

Namely, the dome of high pressure aloft, and, epicenter of the heat, will shift west into the Great Basin. Meanwhile, a dip in the jet stream will effectively erase the excessive heat from the Midwest and East for awhile.

Background

Heat Relief

Heat Relief

Heat Relief

Heat Relief

The heat relief starts as soon as Saturday in the Upper Midwest. Highs should hold in the 70s or low 80s in the Dakotas, Minnesota, Wisconsin and northern Michigan, albeit accompanied with scattered thunderstorms.

Sunday, the heat should relent a notch in the Mid-Atlantic States, including New York, Philly, and Washington, D.C.

The most significant change may be felt Monday in the most heat-weary belt from Kansas to the Ohio Valley. After days of triple-digit heat, Monday's highs may be held in the 80s or, at most, low 90s in Kansas City, St. Louis and Cincinnati.

These highs may not sound "cool", per se, but they're close to early July averages.

Meanwhile, triple-digit heat may expand in the Great Basin into locations such as Boise and Salt Lake City.

This pattern change may also bring another form of relief: rain

by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 4:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
embersparkle
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 4:43 PM

Come on people !

JasKat3
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 4:44 PM
Still hot in Cali :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 4:49 PM

up here in western wa we are waiting for some WARMTH(not heat, just more than 55 LOL)...  It has been cold and super rainy. 

embersparkle
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Look

embersparkle
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 4:50 PM

I live in Tennesse, its been hot and no rain lol So I'm very excited about this lol Maybe you will get our heat :)

Quoting SuperPickle:

up here in western wa we are waiting for some WARMTH(not heat, just more than 55 LOL)...  It has been cold and super rainy. 

krayzbabylove
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 4:51 PM
Well we could use some hot in the PNW.. its pretty much poured rain the entire summer so far. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MeAndTommyLee
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 4:51 PM

Rain only brings more oppressive humidity around here.

Mamato3Nunns
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 4:56 PM
I'm laying in bed 32 weeks with twins. I went to the parade this morning and am still suffering the effects of 103 heat at 10 am. So I guess a cool front with highs 88 will be a relief.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
embersparkle
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 4:57 PM

I know all about humidity..but we need rain so badly, 72% of the country is in a moderate to extreme drought..so this is a good thing for sure.

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

Rain only brings more oppressive humidity around here.

embersparkle
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 4:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes it will be great for you :) Congrats on the twins :) Thats awesome momma !

Quoting Mamato3Nunns:

I'm laying in bed 32 weeks with twins. I went to the parade this morning and am still suffering the effects of 103 heat at 10 am. So I guess a cool front with highs 88 will be a relief.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)