Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Like the title said. but no haters.

by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 10:27 PM
Replies (81-90):
wifeofvet
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 2:04 AM
My husband and I are both part Swedish. We want to go visit someday, I have distant relatives there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SwedensFinest
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 7:50 AM

yes i agree wih you. what state did u live in again? i'm sending you a firend invite. we european people need to sick toghther :o)

Quoting babie113:

Yeah my dad and my stepmom came over but it was the first year I came her so its been a long time. I often pray I wake up in Manchester because I miss the mild weather. Its to hot here especially right now. I agree about people here being to into drama and being self absorbed. It drives me crazy .I miss European people how open we are and down to earth we are. I wish I could make friends with people here that aren't drama crazy someone that can be loyal and open honest with me would be nice but I'm starting to think there is no one like that here :-(.

Quoting SwedensFinest:

have your family been here yet? oh thats nice. u must love the weather. i miss the weather myself alot, its soo hot over here. i moved to america four years ago too. yea for me its not hard making frinds but sometimes i feel like i dont want to asociate myself with theese people. they are not loyal or down to earth at all. they just like drama and talk behind ur back and always wanna give advice about ur realationship and i find it quite iritating. so i usully jsut hang out wiht my family or my husbands mother and grandmother

Quoting babie113:

I'm from Manchester but I love London I have family there so I visit often going again in April

Quoting SwedensFinest:

oh :o) what part of england? my parents visited london ona vacation one time nack i the 90's they went and saw the wax musseum and that big store i think it was called harrods or somehting. they would not let me dad in becuase he wore jeans :o) i laughd so hard at my dad that time. i was only about 8 or 9 i think.  i would love to visit london my self one day, i will be smart enough to put on dress pants :o)

Quoting babie113:

I agree they are very superficial for the most part . I'm from England by the way

Quoting SwedensFinest:

acutally or me it was quite easy. but if i knew then what i know now i wouldnt exactly know if i wold move here. yeah i miss sweden alot. and i've notcied that americans are very superficial.

Quoting babie113:

Was moving to America as hard for you as it was for me I've been here four years and got my green card last year. Also I'm so homesick all the time and I'm having a hard time making friends here :-(

SwedensFinest
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 7:51 AM

yy how cool :o) you should totally visit. the weather is great it never goes over 80f and it always has a nice cool ocean breeze

Quoting wifeofvet:

My husband and I are both part Swedish. We want to go visit someday, I have distant relatives there.

SwedensFinest
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 7:56 AM

yes i am very open too. i love i there its so nice and the food is delicious

Quoting Adamsmommy602:

Me either! I'm very friendly I have no issue with Sweden. How did u like it there /

Quoting SwedensFinest:

sweden dont take kindly to russian women becuase of steroypes. personally i have no problem with anybody.

Quoting Adamsmommy602:

I'm from Russia.

Pink_Sunshine
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 8:04 AM
Uh no
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SwedensFinest
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 8:29 AM

Uh no what?

Quoting Pink_Sunshine:

Uh no

LittleBirdFly
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 8:31 AM

do you miss sweden?

terramarie
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 8:35 AM
Ummm why?

Quoting daughteroftruth:

Terramarie,

You live in wyoming?.... i am so so sorry

Quoting terramarie:

From what I saw last time I was there to visit, they added more to the town. I moved from there(Lindsborg,Ks) to Wyoming in 2005. I was 13 at the time and lived there since I was about 2 years old. I love how much history that town has, and how it's all about the Swedish heritage.

Quoting SwedensFinest:

thats soo nice. me and hubby looked into that bout a year ago. i would love to go

Quoting terramarie:

I came from a small town in Kansas that had Swedish heritage. I miss it so much! It was a tight knit community. The main street downtown was brick. On the light poles that lined the sidewalk all the way through downtown, it had Swedish Flags that said Valkomen. We had an art gallery that was built as a memorial for Berger Sandzen. I loved it there. I even participated in Hyllingsfest.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SwedensFinest
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 8:36 AM

yes sometimes i do. i miss the weather the food the people and my family and everybody beeing open and down to earth

Quoting LittleBirdFly:

do you miss sweden?

solen
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 8:41 AM

Do you eat Lutefisk?

My relatives used to have it for holidays............I am thinking it must be an acquired taste.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN