Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Snide comments

Posted by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 12:28 AM
  • 15 Replies

Due to having kids, and gaining some health issues with them. I have gained a lot of weight. Well someone in my church has taken to sending me dieting advice, and HCG pill ads and the such. I have lymphademia cause of a botched c section. I gained weight with my kids on top of that so yeah I am puffy and fat BUT my husband likes me the way I am. Most of the insane diets they keep sending me would really mess with my other health issues. It's not like I can work out cause all the movement causes more swelling. Husband walked in on me as I was reading yet another "helpful" email in tears. The thing is I have never once mentioned I need or want to lose weight. So this is just them out of the blue sending this stuff. He goes baby send it to them and all their kids, or better yet send them some makeup advice, cause they sure are ugly. I know he is trying to help, but really I don't wanna be mean. What do I do? The inside me wants to rage and go crazy on them, but I know I will sit here and think of witty things to say and never say a one.

by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 12:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
joshlor2
by Platinum Member on Jul. 6, 2012 at 12:29 AM
1 mom liked this
Block the sender
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Punkslilncs
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 12:31 AM

The issue with that is the sender is meant to be sending things from the church, but has started to single out a few of us like 6? Sending us helpful hints and things like this..

Quoting joshlor2:

Block the sender

PinkHairMAMA
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 12:32 AM
1 mom liked this
This! Or just send back in big bold letters QUIT! Its short, not overly rude, and to the point. OR ask your pastor to tell them to stop.

Quoting joshlor2:

Block the sender

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marmie41
by Silver Member on Jul. 6, 2012 at 12:33 AM
1 mom liked this

I think you need to talk with your pastor.  Explain what is going on and who is sending you these e-mails. Maybe he can help with this situation.

mommyof11050307
by Ruby Member on Jul. 6, 2012 at 12:37 AM

TIme to talk to your Pastor and tell him or her that this person is crossing the line. 

jadsmummy
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 12:40 AM
1 mom liked this
This isn't right talk to whoever its in charge of the church about this. Its not helpful it's hurtful. Block ths sender until you have talked to whoever its in charge. If your husband finds you beautiful and your heart its beautiful nothing else matters.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy03021207
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 12:43 AM
Idk because I would be rude to them..send them an email back stating you don't want to receive any more "advice" and you would speak to your doctor before following a fad diet
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Punkslilncs
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 12:47 AM

Husband keeps ranting in the background. "they don't know your health issues why are they sending you this garbage, you are ten times prettier than them, so what if you are big i like big women, you need to send them some covergirl email or something. I know you women have those things. Then he goes on about how we are trying not to let my skin rip cause of swelling and not really worried about fat and what looks nice." He is rather much more upset. I guess cause I am overly sensative and cried? 

Quoting mommy03021207:

Idk because I would be rude to them..send them an email back stating you don't want to receive any more "advice" and you would speak to your doctor before following a fad diet

1_hawt_mami
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 12:50 AM
File harassment charges if they don't stop. I'm sorry :( . Weight gain is only temporary and you have a great hubby :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AM-BRAT
by Gold Member on Jul. 6, 2012 at 12:54 AM
This.

And stop even opening them. At all.

Quoting marmie41:

I think you need to talk with your pastor.  Explain what is going on and who is sending you these e-mails. Maybe he can help with this situation.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)